IFCA
Welcome to the Forum IFCA - International Forza Club Association.
IFCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IFCA Series News

+13
WritesCode4Food
jason"1shot"
RIOT ChevyPower
D1mien
ZHP_2004
latte speed
papa creech172
IFCA Eries
EZT Neo 45
Midnite Rider
EZT TomCat7
Ax4x Nelly
IFCA GTDon
17 posters

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Empty Home base

Post by IFCA GTDon Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:39 am

Okay, move complete boys. Now testing internet connectivity. Not sure if it is stable yet or suitable for Xbox operations, should no more soon. With any luck I should be able to race Wed night.

IFCA GTDon
IFCA LICENSE: ELITE

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: GTDon2
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3,000,000,000

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

EZT TomCat7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Empty Updates and changes coming...

Post by IFCA GTDon Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:22 pm

IFCA Series News - Page 24 055_HRD-TRANS-AM-101-THOMAS-PETERSEN.jpg?fit=around%7C770:481

Hello boys!  Internet seems good to go.  My move was the typical rough ride but all is well in the end.

As we get through Season 7's hodgepodge medley in an effort to throw everyone some curveballs that challenges the scope of their Forza mastery, many have said they are actually more interested in a more standard format so that they don't have to prepare so many different cars.

I guess a lot of people feel that they would just like to sink their Forza teeth into a steady development program of just a few cars within a certain division or class.  And there is a lot of fun to this kind of program that does parallel real racing efforts.  The idea is to continuously develop a given car over time so that it becomes the best it can be at a variety of tracks.

Season 8 will bring us full circle and back to our IFCA roots in this regard. No more eclectic cars or unorthodox formats, but more straightforward Trans-Am racing utilizing just 2 types of Trans-Am cars.  Old school and New school Trans-Am cars will be the order of the day.  

The basic premise for Season 8 will be to have a double header.  One race with the newer cars and one race with the older cars.  Both races will be 30min long with just 1 pit stop, and both races will be at the same track each round.  So (basically), you will only have to prepare 2 cars each season.  As for the season length, we will go to a 5 week season instead of the current 4.  This will allow you to develop a car one week longer.

Using a stable finite list of cars means that over time we will become very familiar with their performance characteristics and allow us to adjust them for greater equality as we go.  Even so, some cars will always be slightly better at certain tracks just as is the case in real life.

As a result of this change and return to a more fixed format, competitive juices will naturally rise because everyone will have more time invested in fewer cars.  We expect the racing to be friendly still, but less casual and slightly more serious.

More to follow soon...

IFCA Series News - Page 24 140_HRD-TRANS-AM-101-THOMAS-PETERSEN.jpg?fit=around%7C770:481

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

papa creech172 likes this post

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Empty additional cars for late model div

Post by IFCA GTDon Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:40 am

ChevyPower is adding 3 more late-model cars, going from 7 cars to 10, just to round out the division and mirror the actual car lineup for Trans-Am TA2.  

Tracks for Season 8 are as follows:

Sept 11th 
Mugello short

Sept 18th 
Lime Rock

Sept 25th 
Sebring

Oct 2nd 
Hockenheim GP

Oct 9th 
Road Atlanta

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Empty Lucas Oil BIR Nationals

Post by IFCA GTDon Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:34 am

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Mopar11

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Monste10
IFCA Series News - Page 24 Bir_tr10

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Lap_ti10

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Empty Race swag!

Post by IFCA GTDon Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:10 pm

There wasn't much swag in terms of banners to take this year but I got the best one available, check it out...

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Swag10

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Empty Season 9 suggestions

Post by IFCA GTDon Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:09 am

As the Benevolent Dictator of the IFCA it is incumbent upon me to at times open the floor for suggestions about the next season rather than listening to just the few who speak up.  Due to the large number of Trans-Am cars my intent is to simply change the track schedule for Season 9 and keep it a 5 race season as is.  Why?  Because there are a lot of cars I would like to still race that would take more than a few seasons to do so.  Doing so also gives us a chance to further refine the BoP for future racing so that over time the list of cars becomes familiar and very equal.

However, some have suggested that we extend the series to a 6 race schedule and change the format to a multiple-choice setup.  That is, a limited number of cars would be offered and you would pick which car you would use each round never using the same car twice.  For example, there might be 6 cars to use, so in a 6 race schedule, you would use a different car for each race, independent of whatever car everyone else picks.

Others are suggesting we move to a multi-class format.  Multi-class racing is great but only if you have the numbers to fully support it. We'd need at least 20 drivers for it to be fun.  Some others have been asking about when the next IFCA Triple Crown will be?  Probably in November after Season 9 is my guess.

So, if you have some suggestive change for Season 9 which begins Oct 9th, please share it here for everyone to read. Thanks.

IFCA Series News - Page 24 001_HRD-TRANS-AM-101-THOMAS-PETERSEN

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Empty Re: IFCA Series News

Post by EZT TomCat7 Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:42 am

Also if The next Forza Motorsport is released before we finish Series 8 or 9, will we try to continue before moving on to the new Forza Motorsport?
IFCA Series News - Page 24 144938
EZT TomCat7
EZT TomCat7

Male

Local : California Central Coast

Registration date : 2015-07-06

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: EZT TomCat7
IFCA Car #: 711
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:04 pm

EZT TomCat7 wrote:Also if The next Forza Motorsport is released before we finish Series 8 or 9, will we try to continue before moving on to the new Forza Motorsport?

Typically we have a kind of pause of all league activity in order to allow everyone to explore the new game and start to understand it.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Empty Bring them back!

Post by IFCA GTDon Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:38 am

IFCA Series News - Page 24 1967-Trans-America-Kent-WA-Dan-Gurney-CN5080-31-1-1-1

https://sportscardigest.com/bring-back-the-real-trans-am/

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Empty TA vs TA

Post by IFCA GTDon Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:14 pm

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Empty Cleaning house

Post by IFCA GTDon Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:58 am

Okay, a few of you know that we've had some issues when it comes to clean and fair racing as of late.  You'll recall the Midnite Rider incident a couple of weeks ago on a Wed when he was being lapped.  He was hit pretty hard which is a rules violation to be handled by the Race Director, after the race during a non-Wed race.  Unfortunately, Rider took justice into his own hands and extracted or tried to exact revenge not just on the person who hit him but also on others.  Then he started playing his music loudly over the mic and when asked to turn it off he wouldn't.   Well, he left in a huff and said he was done with this kind of BS racing but also said he was going to wreck people from now on and it was no more Mr. Niceguy for him.

Well, in order to reduce this sort of thing from happening we thought that putting backmarkers on ghost would be a good option for the current format.  Fast guys wouldn't be able to run into slow guys as they lapped them, and slow guys wouldn't have to get out of the way or let the fast guys pass while in their own battles.  Seemed like a good alternative, but to everyone's surprise, Rider didn't agree and let everyone know about halfway into the race just as a ghosted fast guy flew through his car unimpeding either of them. Apparently, he was mad that the fast guys couldn't hit him, or maybe more accurately that he couldn't hit them or slow them down.  He seemed to think that this solution was somehow even worse than getting run over by a faster driver lapping him.  I find this hard to understand.  Unless it was your premeditated intent to impede faster drivers. 

What I want everyone to understand is that a slower driver has vastly more pressure and frustration placed upon him than a faster driver for several reasons.  1.)It's harder for him to control his car. 2.)Faster traffic hampers his margins for safety because he is in less control. 3.)A lack of podium success is disheartening over time and often blooms into perpetual frustration.  For these reasons and more, a slower driver can fall into a poor attitude resulting in bad decisions. We want to help slower drivers to avoid this.

Here at the IFCA unlike anywhere else in the Forza world, we have gone out of our way to ensure that our slower drivers have more than just an equal chance or level playing field.  We objectively define your driving skill through our computer rating so that everyone can see quite clearly in black and white where they are in skill compared to everyone else.  In this way, there is no mystery about anyone's skill level be they alien fast or Neanderthal slow.  By doing this we can definitively determine if you qualify as a slower driver so that you can have a better performing car.  As you all know we have categorized all rated drivers in a similar manner to that of real racing using the designations Gold Silver and Bronze.  This is the same rating scale as is in the FIA or IMSA.  Bronze and Silver are the amateurs and Gold and Platinum are the pros.

On top of this we have a no contact rule.  The no contact rule simply means that you agree to avoid contact at all times.  Doesn't mean you will be successful, just that your intent is to avoid it.  We ask that you treat your car as though it was real and would cost you dearly should you crash into people.  Adding to this we have a 4 strikes and you are out rule where any contact can and usually does earn you a strike. We review every race to do as much as possible to regulate driving behavior so that everything is as fair as possible. We also have the IFCA Golden Rule which states that whether your fault or not, if you knock a guy off the track you must wait for them to recover their position.

These are the things that the rest of the Forza leagues out there either don't do or only partially do.  So while it may be tempting and frustrating to complain about what we do, try to keep in mind that there are fewer good regulations, and enforcement, and fairness elsewhere.

To keep everything in context, the IFCA is no more perfect than anywhere else and this includes the real life counterparts such as NASCAR. IMSA, Trans Am, or the FIA.  But we do hold to a higher standard than anyone else.  Yes, it is somewhat on the "honor system" that you are expected to abide by both the rules and the spirit of the rules, but this is the least you can do as a competitor here.  In this regard, if you have a problem or an issue, save it for after the race.  Let the Race Director do his job and sort it out as you agreed to do by competing here.  Don't go on and on during the race disrupting others.  Don't go on and on about how the IFCA sucks while you are racing.  It's disrespectful to the league, the other competitors, but mostly to yourself.

If you are mad about something and just want to throw the baby out with the bathwater, that's usually a sign that you have lost perspective.  It means that you aren't really having fun anymore and that it may be time for you to move on or stop playing Forza.  Otherwise, you'll just become an unwanted pain in everyone's rear-end.  Once you lose the perspective that the reason we do this hobby or any hobby is for the fun of it, it's time to move on.

The real reason we are here isn't that we plan on being professional racers or professional sim-racers, the reason is we enjoy socializing and comradery with people who like cars and racing.  So it isn't the racing we are here for as much as it is the social aspect. If it was just the racing and nothing else, we all might as well race against the stupid AI.

In conclusion, give the slower guys a break, they are handling a lot more than you are.  And if you have a complaint, don't do it in the race and ruin the racing experience for everyone else.  Wait until after the race and be a part of the solution rather than the problem.

Thanks,
GTDon

PS, and wait to make your congrats to your opponents until after everyone has completed the race.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

GoSox2000 and papa creech172 like this post

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Empty IFCA Newsletter

Post by IFCA GTDon Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:51 pm

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnite Rider Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:25 pm

I told you in a private message what happened but I see you have to make yourself feel better about what really happened. I am therefore copying that message here so everyone can see what went down:

"I never intended to be a disruption, the music was an alarm for one of my medical issues I have to have to take care of every 4 days. I could not hear it in my headset and I apologize for it. Once I realized what was going on I muted my mic. Not that I am making excuses for anything. I've been suicidal and was going to check out for good. But you all don't know because I don't talk about it and I am never looking for sympathy or pity. I also don't want to be treated any different because of it. I've had to deal with constant, excruciating pain for over 30 years. I almost never loose my temper when I race and you know I don't hesitate to tell you if I have an issue. The guys have become overly aggressive on Wednesday night which is afforded to be "for fun", not rated, no pressure racing and they can't seem to treat it as such any more. Therefore I spoke out on a day where they don't have to race like jerks. It's sad that the Forza Masters can't race cleanly anymore. I thought that is what we were about. They have just become too complacent in that regard. It's a moot issue. For as long as I've been with you guys you know that is not like me. Yet no one cared enough about why I was behaving any different to even ask what was up. But I digress....that is not important and my own problem. I just don't understand changing things without at least asking if that was even wanted by the person your supposed to be changing it for. But it's your series and I believe you should control you're own races."

So you all know what happened, not like I was being that
way for no reason. After all the time I've been racing here I would have thought someone would have asked but I guess you all are tired of passing me. I am not removing anyone from my friends list. If anyone has anything to say or ask of me feel free to message me on Xbox. I'm not sure when I'll be over here again. Take care everyone, yes, even you Don.

Midnite Rider

Male

Local : Oceanside, California USA

Registration date : 2009-11-11

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag:
IFCA Car #:
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:32 pm

Midnite Rider wrote:I told you in a private message what happened but I see you have to make yourself feel better about what really happened. I am therefore copying that message here so everyone can see what went down:

"I never intended to be a disruption, the music was an alarm for one of my medical issues I have to have to take care of every 4 days. I could not hear it in my headset and I apologize for it. Once I realized what was going on I muted my mic. Not that I am making excuses for anything. I've been suicidal and was going to check out for good. But you all don't know because I don't talk about it and I am never looking for sympathy or pity. I also don't want to be treated any different because of it. I've had to deal with constant, excruciating pain for over 30 years. I almost never loose my temper when I race and you know I don't hesitate to tell you if I have an issue. The guys have become overly aggressive on Wednesday night which is afforded to be "for fun", not rated, no pressure racing and they can't seem to treat it as such any more. Therefore I spoke out on a day where they don't have to race like jerks. It's sad that the Forza Masters can't race cleanly anymore. I thought that is what we were about. They have just become too complacent in that regard. It's a moot issue. For as long as I've been with you guys you know that is not like me. Yet no one cared enough about why I was behaving any different to even ask what was up. But I digress....that is not important and my own problem. I just don't understand changing things without at least asking if that was even wanted by the person your supposed to be changing it for. But it's your series and I believe you should control you're own races."

So you all know what happened, not like I was being that
way for no reason. After all the time I've been racing here I would have thought someone would have asked but I guess you all are tired of passing me. I am not removing anyone from my friends list. If anyone has anything to say or ask of me feel free to message me on Xbox. I'm not sure when I'll be over here again. Take care everyone, yes, even you Don.

Honestly, most of the guys have totally forgotten what the deal was.  As a group, we aren't much into holding onto grudges from the previous week or trying to stir drama I've gladly noticed.  People who get mad and create drama usually move on.  The drivers that don't let the sun set on their anger, forget about it the next week and come back to have a better go at it again.  No one cares about how fast or slow you are here, they only want to have a good time and keep it as clean as possible.

You should come race again Rider.  Not a single person here has had it out for you or has tried to pay you back or anything of the kind.  We like you!  Everyone makes mistakes, even the Benevolent Dictator.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Empty League Rumors?

Post by IFCA GTDon Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:27 pm

The rumor is, (and I've heard this twice now) that the IFCA and SimR should get together and have a league competition since guys from both leagues often race at the other league.  I've explained that it is simply out of the question for SimR.  They are not interested in competing against the IFCA.  

But, should they ever change their minds, I would be open to a special event that creates interest for all of the league community.  In fact just to get ahead of the game I'll propose something and leave it on the table for them.  We do 2 races.  One in whatever format SimR normally uses, and one in whatever format the IFCA normally uses.  The IFCA would offer our Triple crown format which would be our 3 best guys against their 3 best guys in an all-star endurance relay race event.

It would be cool and fun, but don't hold your breath.  There are a lot of hidden haters over there.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

RIOT ChevyPower likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RIOT ChevyPower Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:52 pm

I think that would be a blast but I would like to see 12 v 12 in any format

RIOT ChevyPower
IFCA LICENSE: ADVANCED
IFCA LICENSE: ADVANCED

Registration date : 2019-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:33 am

RIOT ChevyPower wrote:I think that would be a blast but I would like to see 12 v 12 in any format

Whoa there big guy, I was just thinking of something small, simple, and fair.  They have a lot more guys than we do. We'd get smoked.  

But if we can use just our top guys against their top guys it would be a lot more equal.  Then maybe, if we win and if things went well in general, we could agree to broader competition.   Maybe some kind of format that incorporates what we do with what they do so that both sides have some of what they want.  Or we could just keep it strictly what each league normally does and we do a best of 5 race series as we alternate between home formats.

I think it would be cool, and give everyone something entirely new to cheer about.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Empty Forza 8 release date

Post by IFCA GTDon Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:44 am

Rumors persist that FM8 will release "before 2022."  This seems unlikely in the absence of any promotional or advertising media to date.  Usually, they begin promotion 6 months in advance.  As of right now there has been nothing, not whisper.

Check out this link for what it is worth which may be nothing at all.

https://www.dexerto.com/gaming/forza-motorsport-8-release-date-trailers-1333287/

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Empty 2022 and beyond...

Post by IFCA GTDon Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:30 pm

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Board-meeting-with-flipchart

I wanted to take a little time to do a kind of overview of where we are at and where we are going here at the IFCA. Doing so gives everyone a sense of direction and linear continuity, revealing that there is a beginning and there is a trek toward an end goal that everyone can recognize and be a part of achieving.

Here at the IFCA during FM7, we have moved toward Trans-Am style races almost exclusively.  In order to do so properly, we needed to ferret out a standard format and standardized car classes.  So rather than constantly changing the format, the cars, and the builds, we instead stick with a set system of cars, tracks, and format.  The goal is to provide familiarity, refinement, and equality control from season to season.  There is no straight path to reaching this goal which is why we have deviated from time to time in an effort to see what works and what people generally like.

Achieving this goal is a time-consuming endeavor but we have finally nearly arrived some 4 years after the release date of FM7.  We have a mostly set format that allows for two kinds of Trans-Am cars to be raced during the same season.  The cars offered are in two forms, spec vs open build with some limitations for equality.  What this allows us to do is standardize and refine the cars and the format so we can perpetually equalize them to a very high degree compared to other formats. Ultimately over time, the car's BoP becomes more of an accepted given rather than a question.  Meaning that the racers believe each car, depending on the driver and the track, has equal and fair chances to win.  We are very close to achieving this goal at the start of Season 9.

The big picture idea is to provide a format and cars that people know and love and can rely on to give them the equal performance they expect season after season.  It is through standardization and familiarity that we can have the closest kind of rivalry racing that mimics real racing.  

We've found that drivers prefer to have the convenience of being able to quickly grab any car, jump in it, and be competitive right away.  They also want a lot of choices to pick from, but they also want different kinds of car build setups to choose from.  On top of this, they also don't want to be stuck in a certain style of build.  For example, having a spec build is great for total equality, but not all drivers do well in a spec build. Many drivers also want to have the option to "build it their way" too.  In this regard, our doubleheader format attempts to cover both of these bases.

The IFCA is not perfect, no league is, but I feel the IFCA is a lot closer to its ideal goal than anyone else.  That is, a lot closer to any of the real-life league counterparts (IMSA, Trans-Am, FIA, NHRA, NASCAR) in terms of standards and practices.

Our goal isn't to be the most hardcore simulation league out there.  Our true goal is to have fun and to do only those things that promote the most fun before anything else.  This is why things are different here at the IFCA.  We have a different mindset that is promoted by you the IFCA competitor.  It's one of sportsmanship, clean racing, and a sense of fair play.

It's easy to lose your way either as a League Leader, Race Director, Test Driver, or Competitor, whenever you become too serious or too idealistic about what you are doing.  These are the things that spell your doom and ignite burnout.  On the other hand, if you keep things in perspective, and participate for the fun of it and the comradery, rather than winning at all costs, you'll never get burned out. You see, it's fun to win of course, but it's actually more fun to have close battles with your friends win lose or draw.

As for the future, something I see on the horizon coming is something that was planned back at the start of FM7 and why we went the route we did.  Originally our directive was to rebuild the IFCA into a different form of a league than it had been in the past.  We wanted something smaller, more controllable, and with a solid foundation of regulars to form this sort of exclusive boutique league, --unlike any other league.  We've managed to do that with the intent of limiting our grid to a single lobby of 24 drivers.  As we invite more drivers to the IFCA with our Mentor program we will be pushing the grid limit eventually.  Inevitably, in order to maintain what we are doing as well as increase the competitive drama of what we are doing, only the top 24 drivers on our practice lap leaderboards will be allowed to race.

We aren't there yet, far from it, but it could happen sooner than later.  If and when it does happen, a new B-lobby will be appropriate to have for the guys who missed the cut for the main race.  The thinking is that as we have more drivers, more pressure will build to make the race, and serious efforts will be made to get on the practice lap leaderboard so they can make the race.

It is rumored that FM8 will have larger grids, possibly as many as 40 cars in which case everyone would in all likelihood make the main event each week.  There would be no need for a B-lobby in other words.

Good luck to you all this season!
The Benevolent Dictator

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Empty Now we are talking

Post by IFCA GTDon Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:56 pm

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Jim%20McAleese%20steers%20into%20a%20turn%20at%20Brainerd%20International%20Raceway%20during%20last%20year%27s%20Trans%20Am%20Series%20on%20his%20way%20to%20a%20fourth-place%20finish

I want to mention a few things here in the middle of Season 9.  So far we are doing amazingly well with the new drivers.  They've been clean and have helped to spur competition.  

One of the trends we are starting to see is drivers reaching the limits of their cars.  When this happens, extraordinary efforts start to kick in to figure out how to go faster as we fight for mere hundredths of a second each lap.  The racing becomes closer but not in the way you think.  Whereas in the past you could be .3 slow and still keep up, now it's more like .03!  Small errors will mean the difference between, 1st and 4th place.  Those same small errors create some large gaps even at a high level of driving. Proving that no one in the top 5 can afford very many of these small errors if they want to get on the podium.

We've already seen how the track schedule can make all the difference as to which cars you pick.  Whether Vintage or Late Model, the cars are close enough within their respective groups that it is the tracks that will dictate which car will be best for you for that season.  Cars that were good in Season 8, are less so in Season 9 and it is all due to the tracks.

Eventually, we will all know what we should use to best effect.  And this is what we want.  We want everyone to be very familiar with each car and begin to develop racing programs.  

My point is, like with real racing,  You rarely enter a season of racing and win with a car that hasn't been on the track before. Even though you have the same performance as anyone, you don't yet get the same lap times. You need track time development before you can start to get the most out of your car and become competitive.   

And as with real racing, it can be the same here.  Over the course of a season a car gradually gets better each round just as its real life counterpart does.  This is what happens when the cars are very close because it's a titanic challenge to extract another hundredth, and Herculean to gain a tenth.  The cars start to become very finely tuned, and you can feel it when you drive them.  You can feel when a car has been worked on no matter how you drive or if you use a hand controller or wheel.  They always feel rock solid, with wicked gears, and perfectly balanced.  They feel refined and do all the things you were trying to get your own car to do.  We call that developing a race car.

So I hope to see this trend continue as we bring in more new people to have a go at our version of Trans Am racing.  Just remember, if you aren't up to speed yet, don't be too bothered, because sometimes, it really is the car.  Our experts will tell you, driver skill is a must, but as things get tight, they are all having to spend a lot more time in the tuning garage than ever before.

IFCA Series News - Page 24 2-richard-petty--43-stp-dodge-charger-at-daytona-david-bryant

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Empty New Rule for Season 11

Post by IFCA GTDon Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:55 pm

As it was mournfully pointed out to me recently, when someone gets knocked off of the track thus ruining any chance for a podium for them, it seems not enough to simply deduct a point and issue a strike to the offender as we currently do.  This has been a consideration for some time now but no action/solution has been put forth until now.

In Season 11, should you knock someone off the track, not only are you (the offending driver) going to be issued a warning strike and a possible point deduction, whatever amount of points the offended driver loses to that driver will then be added to his total points.  Conversely, should the offended driver finish in front of that driver who took you out, the difference between your finishing order and theirs will be divided by 4 and added to your total.

So, other than the normal penalty being applied to the offending driver, his points remain the same, but the offended driver will regain the points he would have had.  In this way the offending driver still gets his normal penalty, and the driver being offended recovers what was stolen from him, from the offending driver's points difference + or -.

So for example, let's say ZAR Eries is knocked off the track by the lowest rated driver which would be TomCat.  And lets' say TomCat doesn't wait but that Eries eventually catches up and passes him, and finishes 4th.  Meanwhile, TomCat finishes 17th.  Eries would earn 29pts for 4th, TomCat would earn 14pts from 17th place.  This is a 15pt difference divided by 4, adding 3.75pts to Eries total.  This makes Eries total points (without bonuses) 32.75pts which is still not a win.  A win as everyone here knows is 33pts.

For the reverse situation where you either don't catch up or your offending opponent manages to finish ahead of you, you'll gain back the difference in points.  For example, TomCat  Finishes 8th, and Eries somehow finishes dead last in 17th, 14+9 (the difference)=23 or the equivalent of an 8th place tie with TomCat.  But because TomCat would also get a point deduction for hitting Eries off the track in the first place, he's going to be in 9th.  In this scenario, the offended driver regains equality+,  while the offending driver gets penalized and loses a position as a result.

In this way it still benefits the offended driver to try to finish strong, and his season is not ruined because of a stupid mistake in turn 1 of the opening round.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT TomCat7 Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:44 am

This new rule sounds good!
Mainly since I've been knocked off the track in a lot of races.
EZT TomCat7
EZT TomCat7

Male

Local : California Central Coast

Registration date : 2015-07-06

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: EZT TomCat7
IFCA Car #: 711
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA Eries Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:21 am

I agree, nothing as end of anticipation killing as taking it easy and a kamakazi goes hung ho through the first corner completely basically ending your race. The fight back is nice but knowing you now never stand a chance is worse.

IFCA Forza Masters: Season 14 (group 6) (Champion), Season 16 (Champion), Season 20 (Team Penske)
IFCA Spec Kings: Datsun 510 (Team Penske)
IFCA FM8: Season 1 (Team Penske), Season 2 (Champion + Team Penske)
IFCA Eries
IFCA Eries

Male

Local : South Africa

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: ZAR Eries
IFCA Car #: 5
Infractions: 0 out of 3

http://www.ifca.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Empty Season 11 Feb 5th

Post by IFCA GTDon Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:03 pm

IFCA Series News - Page 24 GST19571

In response to the many suggestions I have received from the drivers we are going to switch things up a little for Season 11 Feb 5th.  Several drivers mentioned having a separate manufacturer/team championship as was done back in the day of the real Trans Am series.

We've been looking into this idea and have come up with something that kills a few birds with one stone.  For Season 11 we are going back to a single race 2 pit stop format with the Vintage cars.  But we are going to limit the car selection to an equal number of 4 cars per make, or a total of just 12 cars instead of the whole 40.  There will be 4 GM models, 4 FoMoCo models, and 4 MOPAR models.  Your car selection will determine which team you are assigned to.  Teams will have anywhere between 3-6 drivers depending on how many drivers race.  Team assignments will be governed by skill level in that each team must have a mix of Silver and Bronze drivers.  Past Masters Champions will be prohibited from competing on the same team.

We use the term "team" loosely here because there is still an individual Masters Championship.  The new manufacturer/team championship is a separate points table.  However, there is reason to fully participate as a team member too.  As a team, you gain knowledge on how to drive faster for one. Two, you can help develop cars quicker.  Dividing the cars into their respective makes as factory teams, copies what Trans Am did back in the day.  It gives everyone a chance to cheer for their favorite make too.

The manufacturer/team points table is simple.  You can only earn points for your team by collecting podiums.  Collect all 3 top spots in a race and your team earns 3pts.  Collect 2 podiums and earn 2pts.  Collect a single podium and you get 1pt for your team. It doesn't matter if you win. A win is worth the same as placing 3rd, for teams, each would get 1pt.  In the season finale points are doubled.  So, the maximum team points up for grabs during a perfect 5 race season is 18pts.

We think this brings the proper incentive so that the fastest guy of each team isn't able to collect all the points for his team.  The most any single individual can collect in team points is 1pt per round whether they win or not.

The manufacturer's have already issued us the cars they feel best represent their Trans-Am efforts but have asked us to continue to level the BoP playing field with further testing and handicap adjustments.  We agreed.

GM
1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS
1970 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
1966 Chevrolet Nova SS
FoMoCo
1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1
1965 Ford Mustang
1969 Ford Mustang
1970 Mercury Cougar
MOPAR
1971 Plymouth Cuda
1970 Dodge Challenger
1971 AMC Javelin
1968 Dodge Dart

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

EZT TomCat7 and papa creech172 like this post

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 24 Empty Merry Christmas!

Post by IFCA GTDon Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:41 am

Merry Christmas everyone! IFCA Series News - Page 24 1f385

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile