IFCA
Welcome to the Forum IFCA - International Forza Club Association.
IFCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IFCA Series News

+13
WritesCode4Food
jason"1shot"
RIOT ChevyPower
D1mien
ZHP_2004
latte speed
papa creech172
IFCA Eries
EZT Neo 45
Midnite Rider
EZT TomCat7
Ax4x Nelly
IFCA GTDon
17 posters

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 28 Empty 1971 Dodge Dart project car

Post by IFCA GTDon Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:10 pm

We don't really have a thread for something like this but I thought I'd throw it on here for all you car guys anyway. It is the father/son 1971 Dodge Dart 440+6 A12 package, Dana 60 rear, 727 Torque flight concept car. 

With all period correct parts i.e., no modern parts, this is not a "resto-mod" as is commonly done today.  Instead it should be classified as a "retro-concept" or "retro-con" for short.  It is a concept car done as a prequal one might say.  

Dodge could have built this as a concept car back in 1970-71 and it would have made the car show rounds as a proof of concept.  But it was at that exact same time that the insurance companies, the government, and a looming fake oil crises was occurring which all but killed the muscle car era at that time.

IFCA GTDon
IFCA LICENSE: ELITE

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: GTDon2
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3,000,000,000

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Paddyw69 likes this post

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 28 Empty Season 15 Build Sheets now available

Post by IFCA GTDon Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:40 pm

Feel free to start sampling the 44 cars for Season 15 via the build sheets here:
https://ifca.forumotion.com/t6792-trans-am-master-car-list#139320

14 cars remained the same as they were in season 14.

14 cars received a small increase in performance.

6 cars were slightly downgraded.

10 cars are brand new to the series.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 28 Empty New Team!

Post by IFCA GTDon Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:05 am

After some complicated negotiations ZAR Eries has secured a contract with Team Penske to race with GTDon.  Both founding members of the IFCA back in 2006, they have never been on the same team together in any event.  So, this is a historic first for them.  Combined they supply a lot of experience and dedication, and should be a team to watch for this season.

IFCA Series News - Page 28 Tymr1iQ8Ydghf7UyGGtpn5hJkz8PyswBrkAziqxj

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

IFCA Eries and TomC4t7 like this post

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 28 Empty Re: IFCA Series News

Post by IFCA Eries Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:12 am

Strange but true.

Ever since the start we always felt that we, where we could would lend a hand, assist etc and this could not always be possible or in the best interests of the IFCA if we were in the same team or Club (yes, we have never been in the same club as well).

With the stable continuous base of racers we have during the past couple of seasons, it is clear that everyone is enjoying themselves and there exists a trust relationship that "they will be there". The passion for the game is solidly grounded.

So it was time. Don and I have always in the background practiced more together than what anyone would ever know. If Don and Eries is online in Forza, you can with a 100% certainty put your money down that they are in party on track together. What we have learnt from eachother and still do has tought us that we are never too old or better than the game.

Try this, try that and in a sense we are our own Forza Calculator. For some weird reason a single setting the one uses is the missing ingredient the other was looking for and visa versa.

Looking forward, and this time when I am behind Don or Don behind me, we dont HAVE to pass, lol. Sigh of relief.

IFCA Forza Masters: Season 14 (group 6) (Champion), Season 16 (Champion), Season 20 (Team Penske)
IFCA Spec Kings: Datsun 510 (Team Penske)
IFCA FM8: Season 1 (Team Penske), Season 2 (Champion + Team Penske)
IFCA Eries
IFCA Eries

Male

Local : South Africa

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: ZAR Eries
IFCA Car #: 5
Infractions: 0 out of 3

http://www.ifca.forumotion.com

IFCA GTDon and TomC4t7 like this post

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 28 Empty Season 15 Race Day is here!

Post by IFCA GTDon Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:27 am

IFCA Series News - Page 28 RD_LRP_17_01303

It's finally here!  Race day 1 of the "IFCA Forza Masters Relay Challenge!"  The field is full of the 12 best teams comprised of a mix of cars and skill levels.  

Pre-race practice was a flurry of activity all the way to the Friday 6pm/7pm CST/EST deadline, where several of the top teams rolled out their secret weapon in the Ferrari 330 P4 and blasting huge holes into the track lap record!  Reining Forza Masters Champion Gold level driver DinoGrumps layed down the #1 time with a sizzling :52.410. Eries was second fastest with a :51.438 and his teammate GTDon was 3rd fastest with a :51.596.

Of the top 3 teams, it was the lowest rated duo of ZAR Eries/GTDon2 who had the fastest average team lap time of :51.517

It remains to be seen as to which cars will be used for the season qualifier and opening round at Lime Rock, but ferocious competition is expected no matter what cars are used.

Good luck gentlemen!

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

IFCA Eries likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA Eries Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:38 am

He Man comes to mind, thinking of tonight!

IFCA Forza Masters: Season 14 (group 6) (Champion), Season 16 (Champion), Season 20 (Team Penske)
IFCA Eries
IFCA Eries

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 28 Empty Season 16 car builds

Post by IFCA GTDon Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:36 am

We should have the new build sheets up this week for the revised car list.

Group 6Group 12a
1961 Jaguar E-Type 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
1965 Mustang GT 1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona
1967 Chevrolet Corvette  1966 Ford GT40 Mk II
1969 Mustang Boss 302 1967 Lamborghini Miura
1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am 1970 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1
1969 Camaro SS 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3
1970 Dodge Challenger 1992 Honda NSX-R
1970 Mercury Cougar 1994 Ferrari F355
1971 AMC Javelin AMX 1995 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1
1972 Ford Falcon XA GT-HO 1997 Lamborghini Diablo SV
1973 Ford XB Falcon GT 2000 Ford SVT Cobra R
1973 Pontiac Trans Am 455 2002 Chevrolet Corvette ZO6
1988 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2002 Lotus Esprit V8
1990 Camaro IROC-Z 2004 Porsche 911 GT3
1990 Merc 190E 2.5-16 Evo II 2005 Ford GT
1995 Mustang SVT Cobra R 2007 Alfa Romeo 8C
1997 Mazda RX-7 2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2010 Nissan 370Z
2005 BMW M32013 SRT Viper GTS
2007 Mustang Shelby GT500 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S
2008 BMW M3 2014 BMW M4
2012 BMW M5 2015 Chevrolet Corvette ZO6
2015 Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 2015 Mercedes-AMG GT S
2016 Cadillac CTS-V 2015 McLaren 570S
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat 2016 Ford Mustang GT350R

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

papa creech172 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA Eries Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:26 pm

Recently I was informed that there are people that are questioning the rating system, now I also don't fully understand it and have in the past also questioned how the results come to be.

Donald is as closed as a closed book can be with regards to the system program that was created, and I for one knowing the history respected this and just made peace with the fact that I dont fully understand it. I even went and tried to recreate it by doing some reverse engineering but still couldn't fully replicate it, I came damn close using some ELO formulations as I knew that the system was based on ELO.

Well very recently again such accusations came to question the system and its validity and fairness etc.

Lots of pressure was placed on Don and he realized that it is starting to escalate, so he reached out to me in confidence as a founding member of the IFCA and actually gave me the program (which I wont share as promised) to validate the results and analyze the formulations and post what I realized regarding the system.

Now I am 100% against any form of manipulation or cheating, etc. I literally hate it cause that simply is not the way of a winner, so I ripped the program apart and looked at every mechanism possible to isolate any form of being an unfair system.

Well hats off to who ever created this, cause it is basically (and I was pretty close with my attempt in recreation) as fair as fair could be. It honestly evens out and looks at every angle regarding finishing position vs ratings vs percentages etc. etc. (without going into too much detail).

So for anyone, that doesn't trust the word of the Turtle, I hope sincerely value my word (its my bond, is was and always will be, the only thing that separates anyone from being of good standing or bottom of the pile).

Final result:
There is nothing sinister or below board when it comes to the system, it is exactly how I would have made it if I took more time, and my goal always have been fairness, always. It is actually a very well written program, and I had to go back and study some formulas used to exactly understand whether or not they are looking at the right values.

Im not going to go into the way it is written out of respect and my word to Don to please not leak it. It remains his property 100%.

IFCA Eries
IFCA Eries

Male

Forza Profile

IFCA GTDon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA Eries Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:06 pm

Just to add on my integrity, I assist Don with testing cars and run them as fast as I can in Silver build trying to reach a time Don gives me. I have just recently finished two cars and after testing one I ran times a tenth or so more than what Don gave as benchmark, so in all fairness the car was okay and then I ran a time 2 tenths below after the umpteenth time, now I never run the cars for more than 7 laps a stint as I dont want to run a faster time and tone down the car due to fuel weight effect. But running a quicker time, I went and took away some grunt, it would be unfair to submit the car knowing it is too quick and have an advantage, no one would know right, well I would so I toned it down and ran smack on Dons time without going quicker than it. A faster driver can go faster yes, off course, but not me. Thats just a small example of what I do and am behind the scenes, to just place more emphasis on my previous post.

We all remember when I gave Don a hard time when he ran a fast leaderboard time, fair is fair in my eyes no matter who or what you are. In reviews I have often sided against him as well cause it was the right thing to do. I had to add this as many could simply say I said what I did cause he is a buddy, well a buddy he hates sometimes yes, lol

IFCA Eries
IFCA Eries

Male

Forza Profile

IFCA GTDon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:56 pm

ZAR Eries wrote:Just to add on my integrity, I assist Don with testing cars and run them as fast as I can in Silver build trying to reach a time Don gives me. I have just recently finished two cars and after testing one I ran times a tenth or so more than what Don gave as benchmark, so in all fairness the car was okay and then I ran a time 2 tenths below after the umpteenth time, now I never run the cars for more than 7 laps a stint as I dont want to run a faster time and tone down the car due to fuel weight effect. But running a quicker time, I went and took away some grunt, it would be unfair to submit the car knowing it is too quick and have an advantage, no one would know right, well I would so I toned it down and ran smack on Dons time without going quicker than it. A faster driver can go faster yes, off course, but not me. Thats just a small example of what I do and am behind the scenes, to just place more emphasis on my previous post.

We all remember when I gave Don a hard time when he ran a fast leaderboard time, fair is fair in my eyes no matter who or what you are. In reviews I have often sided against him as well cause it was the right thing to do. I had to add this as many could simply say I said what I did cause he is a buddy, well a buddy he hates sometimes yes, lol

lol, I just have to add to this. It's true, eries and I go way back to the beginning of Forza 1, but even as founders of the IFCA we were not always in agreement about things.  Some things we just let go of, some things we dig our heels in.  The point is, we haven't always been on the same sheet of music over the years.  Sometimes I was right, and sometimes eries was right.  It is this back and forth that allows both of us to really think things through so that we can come to a solution if not out right agreement.  

Eries is a very independent thinker and I appreciate this about him, as he always offers possible solutions and not just criticism.  So yes, eries is no "yes man" and wants things to be as correct as possible just like I do. I think his scheme to reward improved effort based on the ratings is evidence of what I'm saying.  It took a lot of time to creatively come up with something that adds to the ratings impact and compliments them without being overly influential.  I think he struck the right balance that should entice all of us to be on our toes to try our best and reach for that next level.  And now that he has the IFCA ratings program he sees that his own work was not in vain and that the entire system for next season will be better than ever.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

IFCA Eries and TomC4t7 like this post

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 28 Empty Attitude

Post by IFCA GTDon Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:01 pm

My home track, not likely to be in FM8

I don't talk enough about what it is exactly that we are trying to do here at the IFCA. But primarily, we are just trying to have some fun.  We do this not by being legalistic or with punitive rules, and complex formats, quite the opposite actually.  This is a hobby, not a profession.  We all have real life lives, responsibilities, and duties and the IFCA offers a short break from all that.  The IFCA is a way to create an entertaining pursuit that imparts a certain feeling of what it is like to acquire a skill and improve in the world of simulation motorsport. An exercise that allows us to experience many of the same sensations of a real series in some ways.

Most of us are here because of the broken public lobby system, in that you were sick of being punched off the track for no good reason.  Some of us are here because we seek a better more realistic and controlled form of racing rooted in a real life series.  That is, a format that emulates an actual racing series to some degree or another. 

The trick is to figure out how far to take it before you lose the fun you were hoping to have to begin with.  It starts with having the right attitude.  Get that right, and everything else falls into place even when things are not perfect.

Sadly, there are some drivers who haven't yet figured out that their fun isn't really derived from wins or "look at me" fastest laps, but from fair and close competition.  These are the drivers who will try to beat you at all costs even if it means crowding you off the track, blocking you, dive bombing you, or constantly bumping you.  

Such drivers don't stick around here at the IFCA too long.  This is because their attitude is in opposition to the attitudes of the regular IFCA members for the most part.  These win at all costs drivers haven't slowed down long enough to realize they have the wrong attitude.  

The correct perspective is what you will find in the very series we are based upon, the SVRA.  We are talking a club level national series with priceless cars in some cases.  Bash into one of them, and you are done, period.  So their whole attitude is one of caution and fun competition.  

Often the drivers will even help their fellow SVRA members with parts and tuning so that everyone can be as competitive as possible.  They are happy for you to set your PB or Pole.  They aren't too concerned about who will win as much as how close the racing will be.  And this is the attitude that we are fostering here at the IFCA.  This is why we offer tunes to everyone.  This is why the car builds are offered up as soon as possible well before the season begins.  This is why we have a ratings system.  This is why we have 4 different build levels for each car. This is why we allow any assists and only run tire and fuel damage. It's all in a effort to make the racing as close and as exciting as possible regardless of your skill level so that everyone maximizes their chances of success, which is the true source of the fun.

And yet, a few have said things like, "Why is the IFCA so serious now?"  Or, "I thought the IFCA was more serious than this."  That's right, we get criticized from both directions at the same time. Some think we are not serious enough while others claim we are too serious.  All this is really saying is that we must be close to where we want to be.  It also says something about the erroneous attitudes of those who think such things.  You really have to wonder if they come to the table with the right attitude in the first place.

So, if you are new to the IFCA, or if you were at all wondering, the aim here is to have fun more than anything else.  It's at least as much about the fellowship and comradery as it is the actual racing. If this is lost on you, or you don't understand it, or you disagree with it, it's probably for the best that you move on.  If you don't want to make friends, don't like the format, don't care for the rules, can't stand that GTDon guy who thinks he knows everything, there are plenty of other leagues you can go bash you way to a win in.  Just sayin.

The IFCA Benevolent Dictator

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

IFCA Eries likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA Eries Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:38 pm

Hear hear, I've seriously also had it with the constant criticism while offering nothing in return in likes of alternatives.

Human nature dictates one thing clearly and that is a reluctance to change. So the IFCA has offered basically the same formats etc.

The change specifically at play for some is their "I want to be a shine boy", and they simply cannot fathom as you rightfully said above, a fair equal, playing field. They don't want that. The same as the 100 pound kindergarten kid who wants to be in the same ring as the 50 pound kid, they like beating them up and then walking around with inflated ego - I mean chest.

If this is you, honestly take a hike. I love losing to a bronze racer if that racer gave it his all. I love competing in a platinum build knowing I wont see first place, second or third, and be lucky if I get top 10. I know that the racer that beat me, will also feel some worth.

So in light with what Don said above, it (the IFCA) is tried and tested and the people racing in it, are more than racers, we are in essence almost family now. I look forward to each Sat (my Sunday 1am), to hear you guys. Its my break away I need. I love it and therefore always strive to think of ways to make it even better, even more equal, and also reward the guys that really push the limits.

IFCA Eries
IFCA Eries

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jason"1shot" Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:02 pm

well said....

jason"1shot"
IFCA LICENSE: INTERMEDIATE
IFCA LICENSE: INTERMEDIATE

Registration date : 2021-06-12

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: AAR Oneshot
IFCA Car #: ? ? ?
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:21 am

ZAR Eries wrote:Hear hear, I've seriously also had it with the constant criticism while offering nothing in return in likes of alternatives.

Human nature dictates one thing clearly and that is a reluctance to change. So the IFCA has offered basically the same formats etc.

The change specifically at play for some is their "I want to be a shine boy", and they simply cannot fathom as you rightfully said above, a fair equal, playing field. They don't want that. The same as the 100 pound kindergarten kid who wants to be in the same ring as the 50 pound kid, they like beating them up and then walking around with inflated ego - I mean chest.

If this is you, honestly take a hike. I love losing to a bronze racer if that racer gave it his all. I love competing in a platinum build knowing I wont see first place, second or third, and be lucky if I get top 10. I know that the racer that beat me, will also feel some worth.

So in light with what Don said above, it (the IFCA) is tried and tested and the people racing in it, are more than racers, we are in essence almost family now. I look forward to each Sat (my Sunday 1am), to hear you guys. Its my break away I need. I love it and therefore always strive to think of ways to make it even better, even more equal, and also reward the guys that really push the limits.

Thanks Eries.  Yes, and the specific nature of the uber fast drivers tends toward what you are saying in a hyper-elevated way too.  These are also the same guys who offer the most criticism and the least support. The same guys who have never built a league or created a series ever.  And yet their constant complaint is that YOU are doing things all wrong, and that if you would just listen to them and change things the way they say, it would be so much better, , , for them. lol  

The truth is they are clueless and in many cases are just trying to tear down everything you have built, just for the fun of it.  It gives them enormous joy to destroy what isn't theirs.  This is because they do not share your vision or agenda.  Their agenda has nothing to do with fair racing and everything to do with their personal entertainment.  It is a singular narcissistic view revealing they have a mental disorder and nothing more.  They couldn't care less about slower drivers, or any driver.  All they care about is what is fun for them and them alone, everyone and everything else be damned.

So the next time you listen to one of these types of people, ask them, "If you have better ideas, how come you don't have a better sim-league?"  Or, "Since you have the answers to making things so much better, why don't you create the most amazing sim-league Forza has ever seen?"  The answers to these questions they will give you, will reveal just how empty they really are as people.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 28 Empty Forum cleanup

Post by IFCA GTDon Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:45 am

In case anyone is wondering, we've been trying to clean up the IFCA to some extent both because we needed to and in anticipation of FM8.  So, you'll see a lot less old posts and threads from times past as well as some consolidation.  For example Eries linked all the current pertinent posts of the series so that you can go to each of the threads you want to look at.  Be it the car list, track list and dates, rules, points, penalties, ratings , or bonuses, go here:  https://ifca.forumotion.com/t6812-season-16-master

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 28 Empty Future events, and FM8

Post by IFCA GTDon Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:09 pm

As we wrap up our time with FM7 in anticipation of FM8 we can see only 2 more IFCA Masters Seasons left on the fiscal calendar, Season 17 and 18.  This brings us roughly to about the end of February for the end of Season 18, the last season we will ever have with FM7.  

From the beginning of March until the release of FM8 sometime in April presumably, we will not be conducting any more events with FM7. Organized racing at the IFCA will not likely resume in earnest until perhaps June of 2023.  By that time we should have some idea or ideas about how to approach the new version of Forza and how to move forward.  This being the case, these last 3 seasons will be a "send-off" of sorts for FM7.  A kind of "last hurrah" and "goodbye" if you will. A last chance for securing a championship and snatching some FM7 glory before history closes its sim-racing chapter.

Good luck!

IFCA Series News - Page 28 Gt40-13

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 28 Empty promoting our community

Post by IFCA GTDon Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:53 pm

IFCA Series News - Page 28 231465433_4300192716669704_3725822080484319916_n.jpg.22b834b19e50751fc7ce3d8b9b32197a

We should do a better job of promoting our community, something that we haven't really done much of in the past.  What I mean by this is recognizing that there is indeed more to racing than what happens on the track.  

Many drivers fail to make the connection that a sim-racing league isn't exclusively just about the racing.  It's as much or more about the relationships of the competitors.  That is, it is in the entertaining personalities that we all derive as much fun from, as we do from the racing itself.  And this is somewhat true of real racing too.  In fact it is in the personalities that produce a character, context, and community to what we do that makes the racing fun.  Without this, a racing league is a hollow shell at best.  

You see, you can have a great format, with great cars, and good organization and all that, but none of that will matter without racing personalities to interact with.  It just becomes a stale, isolated, boring, and silent activity.  You know, like racing against A.I.'s.

The more we get drivers to realize this fact, the more they will understand the true source of why they enjoy IFCA league racing.  It isn't because they are going to win every race.  It isn't because they are going to demolish the field or set the track lap record.  It isn't because they are going to win a championship even.  No, their true source of entertainment whether they know it or not, comes from the community of racers they race with.  And I'm not talking about liking everyone either.  Rivals at best have a mutual respect for each other, but aren't usually friends for example.  The real attraction for this sport is in interpersonal and extra-personal relationships of competing drivers who have the same set of goals in mind.  Primarily, clean close racing. 

Too often drivers have mistakenly placed the source of their entertainment 100% on league management, or the format, and whether or not it suited their chances of victory.  The forgotten ingredient to this kind of take on sim-racing is the wide range of people and personalities i.e. the other drivers. 

A more balanced approach is to realize that it is the people that make the largest difference and not the format.  That is, if you leave this out of your equation (your relationships) you are not only missing the point, you are dooming yourself to abject boredom no matter what the league format is.  You might as well go back to hot lapping or whatever it was you were doing before.

With the proper perspective and appreciation of your fellow competitors as the true source of why you do this, your chances of being bored or uninterested are vastly reduced, while at the same time your fun is guaranteed to grow and sustain itself over the long haul. 

It is for this reason that the IFCA emphasis has been geared toward fun more than hardcore competition.  We implement and provide a level playing field with all the bells and whistles of a serious pro league, but we "stay in our lane" by keeping it more on the, 'just for fun' side.  In this way everyone can get a feel for what a pro league might be like but without the demanding commitment and rage that usually comes with the more serious efforts out there.   We feel that this tends to promote or foster the kind of friendship building and sustainability we prefer to see.  The type of competitive environment that is more akin to club level racing in real life where drivers have no problem helping out a fellow competitor and creating a kind of friendly comradery.  Unlike a national or international pro level contest where no such relationships exist.

So, this is why you see things the way you do here at the IFCA. A serious format, but with a 'just for fun' attitude.  We embrace and welcome all drivers of every skill level and we provide a format that accommodates and compensates the lowest skill levels the most.  In so doing we insure that everyone has the best possible chance to be both competitive and challenged regardless of skill.  Faster drivers do have to work a little harder more here than elsewhere, and slower drivers are assured of having a better car than their faster counterparts do.  In the end it means that everyone is much closer together on the track than they otherwise would be in identical spec cars.  Fast guys who often complain they have no one to race are more challenged, and slower guys who complain their cars are inferior have no excuse.

Bottom line, this is a hobby.  And it should be treated as such.  You should be here to make some friends and have some fun, all the while experiencing what it's like to competitively race cars in a controlled environment not too far removed from our real world motorsports hero's.

See you at the track,
GTDon

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 28 Empty vacation time!

Post by IFCA GTDon Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:25 am

As some of you know, the great and powerful Benevolent Dictator of the IFCA (moi) will be on vacation all week.  He encourages all of you to still do the Wed night practice race to help everyone get up to speed.  The estimated return of our great leader is a week from today just in time for the next Wed night practice race.  MOPAR or NOCAR!

IFCA Series News - Page 28 Hagan-hero_0

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:40 pm

GTDon2 wrote:As some of you know, the great and powerful Benevolent Dictator of the IFCA (moi) will be on vacation all week.  He encourages all of you to still do the Wed night practice race to help everyone get up to speed.  The estimated return of our great leader is a week from today just in time for the next Wed night practice race.  MOPAR or NOCAR!

IFCA Series News - Page 28 Hagan-hero_0

I'm baaaack! Yes, we will run a practice race Wed night.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

TomC4t7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WritesCode4Food Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:56 pm

GTDon2 wrote:I'm baaaack! Yes, we will run a practice race Wed night.

I logged in last Saturday and no one was around to race! Happy you're back to organize it all
WritesCode4Food
WritesCode4Food

Male

Registration date : 2022-01-26

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: WritesCode4Food
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:58 pm

WritesCode4Food wrote:

I logged in last Saturday and no one was around to race! Happy you're back to organize it all

Lol, that's because the race is this Saturday.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WritesCode4Food Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:38 am

GTDon2 wrote:
WritesCode4Food wrote:

I know. I was hoping for a practice race
WritesCode4Food
WritesCode4Food

Male

Registration date : 2022-01-26

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: WritesCode4Food
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA Eries Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:02 am

WritesCode4Food wrote:
GTDon2 wrote:
WritesCode4Food wrote:

I know. I was hoping for a practice race

I was there

IFCA Eries
IFCA Eries

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 28 Empty The big trip

Post by IFCA GTDon Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:02 am

Not exactly racing related, but I thought some of you might like to know where I went.  I rode on my new Goldwing from Minnesota to Houston Texas to visit a good friend of mine to do some hiking and camping.  It was a round trip of 2,790 miles on the big Wing averaging 40.2mpg. Gas expense was about $230.00 or about 69 Gallons. I averaged pretty close to 80mph for most of the trip. With a total of 13 stops for fuel it took a total of about 40hrs in actual travel time round trip.  No, I didn't ride at night.

It was great to see this part of the country this time of the year, and the weather was perfect, as in no rain the whole time. lol  My GPS was told to avoid as many Tolls as it could which sent me through the back roads of Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas.

Very few incidents or near accidents to speak of until I got into Houston, in the evening, where you suddenly find yourself on a 6 lane speedway and feel as though you are in a NASCAR race but where everyone forgot to paint their car numbers on their doors! lol

It was pretty rough with a stock seat and no highway pegs but it was what I expected. It does have heated grips and cruise control which made things a bit more barrable.

Got a lot of compliments on my Wing everywhere I went.  As the old ad used to say, "You meet the nicest people on a Honda."

IFCA Series News - Page 28 GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATcwMAItODE3ZS01ZmYAYi0wMAItMDAKAEYAAAMvh1tHpUxBT6pbMVujzMqCBwCp23kSjPYcTqylW%2Bmf2izxAAACAQwAAACp23kSjPYcTqylW%2Bmf2izxAAW7c1urAAAAARIAEAAdoZSLpD2wRZ%2BmnkRMEpSv&thumbnailType=2&isc=1&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IkQ4OThGN0RDMjk2ODQ1MDk1RUUwREZGQ0MzODBBOTM5NjUwNDNFNjQiLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJ4NXQiOiIySmozM0Nsb1JRbGU0Tl84dzRDcE9XVUVQbVEifQ.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.sXDPEBrCKnamZlQ69sBrVl6e-D8yS3tcIgliX_NmFas75DQLaInxWDBVuH6WsG00VLUaCOailEKkeB01EqbhaCnoa7zuXJNJxMzh_XLGUgYIa-TdFia3eUXMy4hegTFPRlivtSrCtRtDsHJ4b-sCaA9cYn6vYpuTq93jtjh4RbVHvyW4UsbIw4nRzCLJhZQwDiCLQ5V9UEnJMrTJqfCgagpRgGpQyyej9G5ZjuueMfe5SSMlVUam8Un4kMz0hEH6UuMKo4LDqMgkGSLsSOB04awbScfKmQpiT03Tj_60_mie79jvqrnDVNSSlv-aHZIzdH73xlfC4hf6UQcBUrBUoA&X-OWA-CANARY=tRgNPkIDmUukQOyyzuQu89D1t5TqptoYFq-Qwd-3Z-d4p1nuScj3xXU5lYK-9rwAaG2kL3_uPRg.&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20220916007

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

IFCA Eries, papa creech172 and Paddyw69 like this post

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 28 Empty What's the point?

Post by IFCA GTDon Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:19 pm

Hello IFCA racers!

Just the other day it was pointed out to me that many people don't quite "get" what the point is here at the IFCA.  That is, sure, we are a Forza simulation racing league, and we are not very serious in general, but we have a lot of serious features not even found in the more serious leagues out there. Our unique take on league racing can (we admit) unfortunately confuse or even cloud what your goal here should be. 

We model our format after the mixed class format of the real SVRA series which has its roots in traditional Trans Am racing.  We have a nice range of 50 or so old and new cars in the thick of S-Class divided right down the middle between 2 types of performance, speed vs handling.  We have a points structure that is based on the real IMSA points table, with incentive bonus points for superior performance within 4 levels of driver skill, based on a driver computer ratings system. 

So, what's the problem?  Everything is in place that can be in place so that you the driver can decide how serious you wish to take this.  The problem is, that we haven't done a good enough job defining our mission statement to the point that everyone "gets it."

How so?  Well, we estimate that slightly less than half of all our drivers apply themselves in a way that maximizes all the points benefits that are available to them.  Meaning that many drivers don't have the proper goal in mind, that being, to win a IFCA Masters Championship. Quite a few drivers are unsure or unmotivated about how serious they should be in order to reach any goal here at the IFCA. And we blame ourselves for this. 

Our thinking originally was to build a league that had all the serious bells and whistles of a serious league at everyone's disposal, so that each individual could then decide how serious they wanted to be.  It turns out that left undirected and to their own devices, many drivers begin rudderless, and stay rudderless.  That is, if you start out aimlessly and without a goal, you tend to stay that way.  You tend to practice or not practice based on your goal or lack of a goal in other words.  Because you don't really know what the point of your participation is, you naturally embrace mediocrity and even apathy.  You don't bother to read the updated rules or look at the schedule. You don't make an effort to exploit the bonuses or the format based on your skill level.  You don't test or tune any cars. You don't reach out to other drivers for help. You don't practice during the week or if you do it's at an absolute minimum. 

Observing this lack of effort in so many drivers is the evidence that something needs to be changed to reverse this.  If we don't, then the same thing will eventually happen when FM8 arrives.  We need to start defining our goals and supporting our community better, not by giving everything away or enabling someone who doesn't really care that much, but by framing things in the context of a mutually beneficial goal.  A goal that spurs greater competition within the condition of the mission statement.

Since no organization can thrive without someone steering it, and that neither a democratic nor a communal rule will suffice, this only leaves authoritative hierarchy to champion the cause.  Meaning that it is in the hands of those within the IFCA with the most status to steer the ship away from the rocks.  Even within this group there is still a leader whether they accept it or not.  The hope within the hierarchy is that whoever the leader is, he be wise, temperate, openminded, patient, and decisive.  A person that supports the mission and defines the limits for all to follow.

In the coming weeks the IFCA will begin a process to orientate or acclimate everyone toward a common goal through its mission statement, engagement, and mutual encouragement. For it to effectively work it will require everyone to be on the same sheet of music.  That sheet music will be our mission statement.  A mission statement clarifies and focuses everyone in a way that promotes a more unified effort for everyone to benefit from.

Along with adhering to a mission statement comes compliance, compliance in the sense that we all desire to fulfill the commission set forth. Meaning that while we enact new ways to reinforce greater participation that we stay within the guidelines of the mission.  At the same time, and as we forge agreement with all of our drivers, we must rely on you the competitor to help guide the ship.

A mission statement will be published in the days to come, and with that a new sense of what our goals are, and what the point is, as we move from a partly cloudy environment to a partly sunny one.

Thank you for your continued support,
GTDon

IFCA Series News - Page 28 130473

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile