IFCA
Welcome to the Forum IFCA - International Forza Club Association.
IFCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IFCA Grudge Match format & Leader Board

IFCA  :: I-O

Go down

IFCA Grudge Match format & Leader Board Empty IFCA Grudge Match format & Leader Board

Post by IFCA GTDon Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:18 pm

IFCA Grudge Match format & Leader Board Bf8cb82d7cecc154c643e71deed054d8-700

If left to the drivers very few would take the initiative to call someone out.  Maybe they are procrastinators, maybe they are shy, or , maybe they always forget, or maybe they don't care, or maybe they are afraid, who knows?  All we know is that there are a 1000 excuses for not competing. The best solution is to take this issue entirely away from the drivers and do a pre-selected random pairing each week.  That way they don't have to bother trying to find their opponent each week.  Everyone will just go to the IFCA pairings list each Saturday and see who they are up against for that week and then contact their opponent to set the terms of the race.

The next problem is, what if your opponent chickens out for some reason?  What if the guy you are designated to race can't or won't for some reason?  Then what?  If you can't come to an agreed to match because your opponent is MIA or doesn't respond or pusses out, then a new opponent can be found either by you or by the IFCA.  Either way, you won't be penalized points, but if you don't race anyone you won't get any points for that week either.  

This is an 8 week season.  The top 8 drivers in points at the end of the season will be invited to race in a final and become the 2020 IFCA Grudge Match Champion.  Perhaps by then everyone will understand the format and be ready to organize a club level event.

This is an 8 week season.

Car P.I. and track for week 1 will be announced  Nov 7th.

Opponents will be pre-selected from a list of active drivers and posted every Saturday morning

Car builds must have the widest racing tires and no downforce added.  A car that comes with downforce stock is permitted. Drag slicks are not. 

The winner of each match is responsible for reporting the details of the matches and reporting the results to the IFCA/GTDon.

"Top 50 Rule"
Drivers must say whether or not they intend to use a *Top 50 leaderboard car during negotiations. If one driver that does want a leaderboard car vs another driver that doesn't, then the opposing driver not using a leaderboard car is allowed the option to build their car to the P.I. using stock wheels, AND THEN, add the lightest wheels and Forza downforce parts on a non-leaderboard car. But this is optional.  You are allowed to use all, some, or none of this option if you like.

Official matchmaking:
An official match is cemented when both drivers agree to race under the terms they agree to at whatever time on Saturday or Sunday.  Because of the different skills, each match will more than likely have its own terms and conditions that are entirely up to the drivers.  But to keep it simple you will be allowed to propose 2 kinds of changes.  You can change the start handicap and/or lower the P.I.. 

"No-repeat rule"
 You can't race the same driver every week back to back.

Inactivity:
If a driver declines or refuses a match they can opt for a different eligible opponent.  If they simply refuse to race under any circumstance then they will be moved from the active list of drivers and onto the pussies list. To get off the pussies list all you have to do is accept a match and race.

The standard default option is for drivers that refuse to come to an agreement. The SDO is no P.I. handicap and only a 3sec head start for the lower-rated driver of each match.  No driver is forced to accept another driver that is under the standard default option if they don't want to. But, best is not to be the driver that is too rigid and uncooperative when it comes to negotiating a match or you will by default make it harder for yourself to climb the season leaderboard. 

Car P.I. and Track
The random car P.I. and track is announced by the IFCA on Saturdays. The cars have to have full-width racing slicks and no downforce.  Everything else is allowed as long as you don't go over the P.I.. 

Race length:
Every race is limited to 4laps or less in the case of a long track.  There is a starting handicap gap between skill levels of a maximum of 6sec.  The most a Silver rated driver can gain is 6sec over a Gold driver.  The most that a Bronze rated driver can gain over a Silver driver is also 6sec at the start. The most that a Bronze level driver can gain over a Gold driver is 12sec.

Heads Up Racing:
If it's a rare heads up 'no time delay match race' and no P.I. changes type match, the losing driver will earn negative -2pts while the winning driver will earn positive +3pts.  

Match Points:
Winning a match is worth 2pts but if it is a heads up no time delay start, again it's worth +3pts. Only in the heads up race are you risking negative -2pts as a loser.  If a slower driver beats a faster driver there would also be a +1pt bonus.

*Substitute drivers: 
Last-minute replacement drivers are permitted but, they can only earn half of the normal points available.  Also, they have to be of the same skill level as the driver they are replacing.  If a Bronze level driver can't race he may only be replaced by another Bronze level driver.  If a driver can't fulfill the agreed to match, and can't provide a legal substitute, they will lose -1pt and the opposing driver will gain +1pt.  If a driver is late to a match by more than 15min the same thing happens. a +1pt win by default and -1pt for the no show. 

Handicap limits:
There is a maximum start handicap of 6sec between skill levels.  For example, a Silver level driver can ask for as much as a 6sec head start against a Gold level driver, but a Bronze level driver can ask for as much as 12sec against a Gold level driver.

The P.I. is also negotiable without going over the listed P.I.. A slower driver can propose a lower P.I. to a faster driver than what the P.I. is for that week.  For example, if the P.I. is A655, a slower driver can offer a faster driver A640.  It doesn't mean the faster driver has to take it.  They can counter offer.

Mediation and Enforcement:
The standard IFCA 4 strikes and you are out rule will be in place for drivers.  If there is a protest be sure to save the replay for review.  Cutting corners, blocking (except after the last turn), hard contact, reckless dive-bombing, bump to pass, and dirty driving of any kind will be reviewed and factored into the original protest for a complete study and determination of the race.

*Leaderboard cars are defined as the top 50 cars in a selected class for a specific track.  You can not use a leaderboard car from a different class or track and then call it a leaderboard car. 

There is also a P.I. limit of +9 P.I.  That is. if you go with a non-leaderboard car vs a leaderboard car, you build your car to the posted P.I. and then add lightest wheels and downforce, however, your P.I. must not gain more than 9 P.I. by doing this. Most cars will only gain about 5 P.I.

Points System:

1.Heads up win = +3pts
2.Heads up loss = -2pts
3.Handicap win = +2pts (no negative points for a loss)
4.Lower rated driver beating a higher rated driver = +1pt bonus
5.Last minute substitute = cuts available points by 50%
6.Broken agreement/no show = -1pt to the driver that is a no show, and +1pt to the driver that shows
7.Every tenth given away at the start equals an extra 0.1pts with a win. (6sec = 0.6pts)
8.For every 1 P.I. point given away you'll earn an extra 0.1pts. So for example, if the P.I. is set at B570 and you agree to -10 P.I. or B560, should you win you will earn a bonus of 1pt.
9. Everyone who makes their race but loses, will still gain a 1/2pt  

The top 8 drivers in points will have a runoff championship race at the end of the season.

Last edited by GTDon2 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:12 pm; edited 26 times in total

IFCA GTDon
IFCA LICENSE: ADVANCED

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: GTDon2
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3,000,000,000

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

IFCA Grudge Match format & Leader Board Empty Grudge Match Leader Board

Post by IFCA GTDon Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:13 am

IFCA Grudge Match format & Leader Board Cover-243

DriversRatingWeek 1Week 2Week 3Week 4Week 5Week 6Week 7Week 8Total
D1mien

Zach The One

ThatGuyRacing

GTDon2

ApoloXxXCreedXx

UNR Grim

RANGEMASTER

whoAREyoulamME

9SirKane2  1955.46820.5      2.5
10ZHP 20041968.169-23.6      1.6
11RS ferrari 12104.849101
12STAFFY90001963.9770.50.5      1
13DinoGrumps2000.95600.5      0.5
14Latte Speed1966.1170.500.5
15Poennaninova1961.90500.50.5
16E1ite PandaPool1987.2132.3-20.3
17VNX Shift1974.2882-2      0
18AAR OneShot1973.287-220
19AMS LAWRENCE2017.454-10-1
20KickRocks291977.8-10-1
21GR Redneck1956.900-10      -1
22EarnedCarrot9251956.423-20.5      -1.5
23IslamIsPeace0011997.889-20-2
24ROSCOEpCOTRAIN  1994.376-20      -2

Last edited by GTDon2 on Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:17 am; edited 10 times in total

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Grudge Match format & Leader Board Empty Re: IFCA Grudge Match format & Leader Board

Post by IFCA GTDon Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:26 pm

Updated. Remember the object of the "game" is to collect as many season points each round to get into the top 8 for the finale at the end of the season.

Too many people are losing points unnecessarily by racing in heads-up races against faster drivers.  

Read the points schedule so you can understand what your strategy should be to optimize your points each round.  And don't race heads-up against faster drivers!  Ask for P.I. or a headstart, or both!

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Grudge Match format & Leader Board Empty Re: IFCA Grudge Match format & Leader Board

Post by IFCA GTDon Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:18 am

updated

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down