IFCA
Welcome to the Forum IFCA - International Forza Club Association.
IFCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORZA 5 ...

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

FORZA 5 ... - Page 3 Empty Re: FORZA 5 ...

Post by Guest Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:17 am

Big thumbs up. Some very good questioning in there, hopefully T10 will hear what is being requested and stop dumbing the FM series down.

A lot of the requests from the racer community like tyres and fuel that actually wear are pretty easy to implement as they were in previous titles, others like yellow flag rules etc are more niche and I'll happily wait for FM6 for. It can't be that difficult to hide them in a preference screen that the car hoon experience gamers won't find!

I'll sum it up simply. Items like the lighting engine and paint imperfections are impressive for the first few weeks, then you stop noticing it. Flaws in the basic premise of the game will irk for much longer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:32 am

AAR GTDon wrote:Project  Cars might be the way to go for the racer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:43 am

Brilliant! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:05 pm

ZAR Eries wrote:...
What they just dont see is longevity, people that RACE buy the paint to race with, we need eachother.

How are you going to sell your paint and tunes if no one is racing, are they that blind ... apparently.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the interview. It almost reads as if T10 have forgotten the basic point - the Forza games are car games, the painting is a nice-to-have which complements the racing but can never supplant it. There are very (if any) people who would buy Forza over Photoshop to expand their artistic horizons.

Basically, racers can manage without the paint or super-realistic graphics, but there is no denying these are nice-to-haves. If the racing is good, people will appreciate these points. But if the racing is rubbish (by racing I'm including all forms including drag and the dreaded drifting), there will be no demand for those paints and that wonderful orange-peel paint will go unseen.

I've been umming and ahhing about the new console since it was announced at £429, but turning more and more towards waiting until after launch to see how things pan out.

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA Eries Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:49 am

Spiny Anteater wrote:
ZAR Eries wrote:...
What they just dont see is longevity, people that RACE buy the paint to race with, we need eachother.

How are you going to sell your paint and tunes if no one is racing, are they that blind ... apparently.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the interview. It almost reads as if T10 have forgotten the basic point - the Forza games are car games, the painting is a nice-to-have which complements the racing but can never supplant it. There are very (if any) people who would buy Forza over Photoshop to expand their artistic horizons.

Basically, racers can manage without the paint or super-realistic graphics, but there is no denying these are nice-to-haves. If the racing is good, people will appreciate these points. But if the racing is rubbish (by racing I'm including all forms including drag and the dreaded drifting), there will be no demand for those paints and that wonderful orange-peel paint will go unseen.

I've been umming and ahhing about the new console since it was announced at £429, but turning more and more towards waiting until after launch to see how things pan out.

Well look at this for an example.

You buy the newest Photo Shop for your PC and it is revolutionary with features etc, then you realize oh crap I dont have a camera!

IFCA Forza Masters: Season 14 (group 6) (Champion), Season 16 (Champion), Season 20 (Team Penske)
IFCA Spec Kings: Datsun 510 (Team Penske)
IFCA FM8: Season 1 (Team Penske), Season 2 (Champion + Team Penske)
IFCA Eries
IFCA Eries
IFCA LICENSE: ELITE

Male

Local : South Africa

Registration date : 2007-04-04

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: ZAR Eries
IFCA Car #: 5
Infractions: 0 out of 3

http://www.ifca.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:21 pm

If you want to steer them towards the SIM. route we have to get together like people did with the X1.Lets not wait for Project Cars

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:20 am

Yeah, not sure that "hardcore sim-racer" is the accurate term for Forza fans who simply want the current features to be fully functional in a more realistic way. As many have pointed out there has been better execution and functionality of the various features in the past, so we know that T10 can change them for the better. But because they don't focus on racing, no importance is placed on improving these minor options. The fact that they are minor should mean that they would be easier to change too, compared to a total overhall of the graphics.

So yeah, I think the racing community is largely ignored not because it's a niche group, or because T10 isn't really interested in racing (which they are not), but because they have a mission statement that doesn't have much to do with actual racing even in the weakest of terms.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: GTDon2
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3,000,000,000

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:45 am

Hardcore might be to strong of a word for the groups that race in organized leagues but we are more dedicated than your average player. T10 would be extremely unhappy if they lost people using there game as an organized racing event platform...... We may have time to sway their direction if we act fast. If we are going to jump ship we might as well do it now and there are some cheap games we can use for the time being.

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA Eries Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:28 am

Project Cars is probably going to be the next big thing.

Forza has through time gone nowhere but down realistically. If you think about the races and lobbies there were since FM1. FM2 was probably the biggest since it was on the new box.

With the Xone and FM5 being a release title, I fear the Forza scene will be filled with endless kids, messing up lobbies again, something I also fear will once and all kill the public lobby system again.

People are strange creatures and they wont like the same happening twice.

Don, think back, I fail to remember one out of five lobbies through the search that delivered the crap we had since FM3 onwards. People in FM1 and FM2 used to chat away and this is where friends were made, the chat in lobbies these days are non existent.

So roll on Project Cars and hopefully youll be the Forza weve always wanted ...

IFCA Forza Masters: Season 14 (group 6) (Champion), Season 16 (Champion), Season 20 (Team Penske)
IFCA Eries
IFCA Eries

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:02 am

Yes, that is true, people did chat more, and the public lobbies were in a sense more friendly, and the place to go in Forza.  The concept of organized racing had little appeal then because the public lobbies were almost like auto-organized racing.  As T10 changed the structure of the lobbies, and made them less user friendly, and less fun, organized racing increased.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: GTDon2
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3,000,000,000

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:42 pm

Keep the discussion going, guys. Your opinions and comments may help Smurfy and I steer the IFCA in the direction everyone wants to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:30 pm

Apparently they have already started organized racing amongst the alpha-testers for Project CARS.

Looks awesome! 37 drivers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJjvsXLmjr8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:45 pm

i keep watching and listening to whats being said on the matter.. very interesting stuff coming from our wisers !

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA Eries Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:44 am

Well in FM1 EG, you used to come into a PUBLIC lobby, where you chose EG. D Class etc, and were thrown in with 7 other guys, unknown you would say, whats up guys, how are you?

You were greeted by, 7 voices saying, "ah not much man, just racing a bit, want to join us?, keep it clean hey"

Now you jump in and say "Whats up", and are greeted by silence, nothing and if there is some sound, its usually a guy talking smack.

IFCA Eries
IFCA Eries

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3