IFCA
Welcome to the Forum IFCA - International Forza Club Association.
IFCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORZA 5 ...

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

FORZA 5 ... - Page 2 Empty Re: FORZA 5 ...

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:35 am

Very well said don, i couldn't have worded that better myself, i feel ashamed to be apart on the forza community because of turn 10's blindness towards its community that they are making the games for, right?, i mean, didn't they want us to give them feedback, didn't they want us to come forward and tell them our issues to have them rectified, as you say, they aren't car people, and certainly aint racing fans, you can tell with how these games are finished ( using that term loosely), they just don't understand the terms for our racing needs and i think they dont really care about it either.

The majority of the racing community and most of their customers, T10 really need a big reality check and stop making so much poop and focus on whats more important for 90% of the people who play their games rather than making the cars look pretty, granted i do like the auto-vista part, its pretty pointless to the point where i got through it in a day and got bored, but as you say if they are opening the vista to all cars then that would be nice to have the top gear commentary on the car from Clarkson which is funny at times, it will be interesting to actually have a look around some of the cockpits of the lesser important cars that we still may not get chance to in reality, as long as they open up the camera options to have a decent look around, again that may not happen, im not one to sit here for hours on end thinking of cars they could add to the game but more of a what they should do type of person not only for me, but for our racing community's.

Im seriously doubting the Xbone and its requirements to run it, especially at the price its being advertised, although i may have to get one to play with my fiance who is planning on getting one, hopefully my internet lasts as long to be able to use it. Will be a pain in the rear-end when it comes to not being at home for a day or two and unable to turn the bloody thing on and connect it to use it !

I just hope that come November Microsloth may realize just what pain they are causing their customers of the XBone and these major issues are fixed and they make us all actually happy to go out and buy the new console, although i may be purchasing one myself, i wont be excited to get the thing started as i was when i bought my first 360 and a copy of forza 2 !.

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:10 am

amen brother.

IFCA GTDon
IFCA LICENSE: ELITE

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: GTDon2
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3,000,000,000

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:52 am

Thanks, Don...FINALLY...someoone has done the lala math! And yes, the direction of the Forza series was led into at the unvieling of Forza4...if anyone remembers that. And don't get me started on Horizon...which I DID NOT purchase. Well guess what...the forward compartments are about to take on water in your sinking ship Greenwalt, because it's the COMMUNITY that gave your game replayability. I'm not even 5% complete in career mode because the COMMUNITY is what keeps me interested. When the cross-platform Project Cars hits the market, we'll see what happens. As for me...I'm not ashamed to admit I may be revisiting the GT series with the arrival of GT6, which, by the way, is touting NEW PHYSICS!

I can't believe the amount of people that are willing to accept and purchase a Forza game that has so many things missing and nothing promised. No day/night transition, no weather affects, no storefront/auction house, no Porsche (THAT should kill all the Porsche fans right there. If not they're stupid), and the potential for less car volume than what currently exists on the (dare I say it...outgoing) xbox 360 version.

Oh...uhm...rant complete.

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:29 pm

Yes Cobra, you appear to be spot on sadly. We keep leading this horse to the high octane waters of racing, but can't force it to drink.

Again, it is early I know, but those clouds on the horizon don't look like good ones if you ask me.  I can almost see FM4 being more popular than FM5 at this point. And that's a sad statement for a new release on new hardware.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:33 pm

REVEREND!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:42 pm

Yes, Weather and night racing are still not in but for me i have that option in other games and didn't spend much time with it.Autovista is a waste of time.A basic pit stop needs to come back.They need the put a tree and the ability to jump the start for drag racing for that to be authentic.A flag system would be good but sticky grass might be better than a flag system and a pace car for the beginning of a race sounds good but if i comes out for accidents i don't think it would be good.Tire wear and fuel consumption physics is a must.IMO      Console gaming doesn't have to be a recreational(there is a better way of saying that) thing compared to PC gaming in the end they are just different platforms of computer parts.   I still have hope it will be an inch better than F4 and that was a good game.

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA Eries Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:50 am

mmm seems that I might not get FM5, if this is all true, especially with it coming on the new box, I mean I made that mistake ONCE, I bought the PS3 JUST for GT and well, its the best paper weight in my house.

MS is going downhill, the new box seems an effort already, if the games on it, is not WORTH it then well why get the box? I am sure Skyrim can keep my busy for years.

IFCA Forza Masters: Season 14 (group 6) (Champion), Season 16 (Champion), Season 20 (Team Penske)
IFCA Spec Kings: Datsun 510 (Team Penske)
IFCA FM8: Season 1 (Team Penske), Season 2 (Champion + Team Penske)
IFCA Eries
IFCA Eries

Male

Local : South Africa

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: ZAR Eries
IFCA Car #: 5
Infractions: 0 out of 3

http://www.ifca.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:53 am

Indeed, FM5 might likely just be a prettier FM4, which isn't all bad, but not really better, but I will have to keep XBL if only for my friends.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:07 pm

I did see in a video tires/fuel/damage together in the game options : (   but on a good note xone no longer needs online always and used games will work like x360.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Nelly Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:33 am

Didn't have much choice, they stood to loose lots of money.

As for Xbox or Playstation I've made my decision PS4 FTW. 

Maybe sometime next year if they bring the price down I might get the Xbox one, at the moment it's way too much Evil or Very MadEvil or Very Mad
Ax4x Nelly
Ax4x Nelly
IFCA Moderator
IFCA Moderator

Male

Registration date : 2012-11-24

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: Ax4x Nelly
IFCA Car #: 175
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:58 pm

Yeah, the Playstation network has nothing on xbox live.  I am getting the xbox one at launch.  Don't listen to the rumors, read the facts at xbox.com.  A lot of false information being spread about the xbox...

Back to top Go down

Post by Ax4x Nelly Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:16 pm

I agree Playstation network was a bit trashy a few years ago but now I spend more time on there than I do on xbox live and prefer playing online on there too.

I know the facts about Xbox One I read all the blogs about how awesome the console is and the way Microsoft have taken a U-turn on DRM and the online every 24 hours.

The fact is the Console is $100 more than PS4 which is frigging stupid, if they budge on the price maybe they'll get my attention until then not interested.
Ax4x Nelly
Ax4x Nelly
IFCA Moderator
IFCA Moderator

Male

Registration date : 2012-11-24

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: Ax4x Nelly
IFCA Car #: 175
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:08 pm

The price is $100 more but it does come with Kinect2 and that is worth it for me because i have kids.    Hopefully that demo i saw was just a demo and fuel/tires/damage in 1 option was demo only.(could be)   Still pissed M$ talks about TV instead of gaming and the xone has less power to the Japan product.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:02 pm

After sticking up for the xbox I read an article in Game Informer which made it sound like you MUST use the kinect sensor, and that the system will not function without it.  If that stands I will be getting the PS4.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:31 pm

Don't worry you can sit on the sofa and use the kinect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:40 am

This just proves what we have all been thinking. Forza 5 will not be any better than Forza 4, at least for us (hard-core racers).FORZA 5 ... - Page 2 50925

I will be definitely be buying Project Cars if it comes out on the 360, but if it comes out on the One, like BAR Nelly75 told me today that it might, I will look into getting the One, but definitely not for Forza. Project CARS and/or another game will fill the niche that we desire as online racing drivers.

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA Eries Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:39 am

The biggest problem was That Chinese bloke that messed everything up, he steered Forza into a direction and for them to drop that would also be suiside.

Now where to from here, look Forza is good, yes has always been, but they are going to lose out on this one, if there isnt some NEW stuff for the racers.

We dont want Mario Kart we want what FM1 was.

FM1 was a racing game with liveries etc etc, but all over I guess racing was 80% of the game.

What is your guess in % in FM4 and it will be less in FM5. The only hope we have is that it is Blue Ray which means there is a lot of space, in FM3 we saw FM4 coming and the whole vista etc, knowing it is Eating up disk space for the racing feature. If FM5 can manage to pull back and get 60-70% racing, it will be a smash hit, since in FM4 the racing was dedicated to about 40% of the space available.

IFCA Forza Masters: Season 14 (group 6) (Champion), Season 16 (Champion), Season 20 (Team Penske)
IFCA Eries
IFCA Eries

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:55 pm

just amazing isnt it?  as though racing is a complete non-factor.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:03 pm

i will still be getting forza 5 regardless, dont forget we had this whole speculation about forza 4 aswell, but we all still bought it without issue and made the best of what we had, but im also leaning more towards project cars if thats released on xbone..

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:39 pm

No, don't get me wrong, it is a quality franchise no matter how you cut it, it's just sad that their direction is away from racing and towards gaming.  It should be the other way around.  It's like they tease us with the features of racing, but not the full functions. 

I will be getting it too, but I fear racing is last on their list, again.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:05 pm

agreed

Back to top Go down

Post by SirKane2 Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:04 pm

This part of the interview sums up all our fears.....so sad!
Interviewer:  Well let me ask you this then, will racing ever become the preeminent attribute of Forza in the future?  Will you ever return to your roots and make simulation racing the reason for Forza again?

Dan: If you’re asking will we ever make a hardcore simulation racer, the answer is no.  If you’re asking will we try to attract more people to racing by blending gaming with racing, the answer is yes.

SirKane2
IFCA LICENSE: INTERMEDIATE
IFCA LICENSE: INTERMEDIATE

Male

Registration date : 2007-05-25

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag:
IFCA Car #: ? ? ?

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA Eries Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:13 am

FM4, didnt interest me at all and it was just the same old same old.

I still remember switching from FM1 to FM2 and going wow okay this is nice, the cars the sounds the tracks, you could download tracks, wow and things were working, then FM3 and everything went south, they excluded the clubs tuning in the lobbies etc, they lost us there.

FM4 was bought hoping they got it right, alas they tried but still didnt listen to what the RACERS said was wrong with FM3.

Now again they seem to not care what the racers say, it's just a well "we are happy with the sales from FM4 and that was based by the car culture (read paint) guys, so FM5 dont need anything more for the racers."

You see think about this:
FM1 - Racers 95% - Painters etc 5%
FM2 - Racers 80% - Painters etc 20%
FM3 - Racers 60% - Painters etc 40%
FM4 - Racers 40% - Painters etc 60%
FM5 ???

They clearly see the market is shifting towards to Painting, Vista etc, crap features, like drag racing, drifting etc, really!

What they just dont see is longevity, people that RACE buy the paint to race with, we need eachother.

How are you going to sell your paint and tunes if no one is racing, are they that blind ... apparently.

You want this game to be a hit and sales to go through the roof?

Make racing your primary feature, where racing and the real world stuff is catered for. It doesnt need to be a hardcore sim, just a realistic one.

IFCA Eries
IFCA Eries

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:22 pm

I was never a big fan of DG but sometimes i've always wonder if there wasn't some kind of console/PC industry rule book saying console game can't be hardcore.. I'm hoping for Race Pro 2 for the x1,it might still look like F4 but it's a step forward toward a hardcore game. As a matter of fact maybe the small niche should pick a new racing game as a protest

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Project Cars might be the way to go for the racer.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next