IFCA
Welcome to the Forum IFCA - International Forza Club Association.
IFCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SRC Race 7-8 Daytona Oval

+2
jason"1shot"
IFCA GTDon
6 posters

IFCA  :: I-O

Go down

SRC Race 7-8 Daytona Oval Empty SRC Race 7-8 Daytona Oval

Post by IFCA GTDon Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:18 pm

SRC Race 7-8 Daytona Oval B8af17048757a3334f98122349a4c8ec

Track Lap Record
IFCA GTDon
:36.842

Team NameDriverRatingCarP.I.Lap 
1Team PenskeIFCA GTDonGoldDodge DaytonaR836:36.842
2Team PenskeIFCA EriesPlatinumDodge DaytonaR836:36.917
3CR1 RacingRIOT ChevyPowerProDodge DaytonaR836:36.972
4Tailwind RacingRacer18 V8GGoldDodge DaytonaR836:37.115
5Titans of TougéCo0l 5tory Br0SilverDodge DaytonaR836:37.375
6Team PenskeRP JonathonGoldDodge DaytonaR836:37.548
7CR1 RacingAAR OneShotGoldDodge DaytonaR836:37.745
8Tailwind RacingPapa creech172SilverDodge DaytonaR836:37.779
9CR1 RacingEarnedCarrot925SilverDodge DaytonaR836:37.993
10Titans of TougéxNoRacialxBronzeDodge DaytonaR836:38.010
11Team BilsteinITS Wi11iEGoldDodge DaytonaR836:38.037
12Titans of TougéfabiomqsGoldDodge DaytonaR836:38.186
13Tailwind RacingGoSox2000GoldDodge DaytonaR836:38.255
14Team BilsteinNaughtyDawgzBronzeDodge DaytonaR836:38.331
15Titans of TougéPhoenixRise1700SilverDodge DaytonaR836:38.411
16Edelbrock Racingthe mexirican 16SilverDodge DaytonaR836:38.738
17Edelbrock RacingTRIDENT9069SilverDodge DaytonaR836:38.802

Race Length 92laps

Last edited by IFCA GTDon on Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:29 pm; edited 15 times in total

IFCA GTDon
IFCA LICENSE: ADVANCED

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: GTDon2
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3,000,000,000

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

SRC Race 7-8 Daytona Oval Empty Re: SRC Race 7-8 Daytona Oval

Post by jason"1shot" Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:11 pm

oneshot's new time is not posted, i sent it in thursday.....

jason"1shot"
IFCA LICENSE: INTERMEDIATE

Registration date : 2021-06-12

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: AAR Oneshot
IFCA Car #: ? ? ?
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:58 pm

jason\"1shot" wrote:oneshot's new time is not posted, i sent it in thursday.....

Sorry about that, but next time please include the car P.I. with your pic, thanks.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

SRC Race 7-8 Daytona Oval Empty Race review

Post by IFCA GTDon Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:00 pm

My replay did not save, but, Eries replay did save and he made no mention of penalties.  I'm assuming there were none.  Congrats to ChevyPower for the win, Eries 2nd, and Racer 18 V8G for his first ever IFCA podium in 3rd!  Fastest race lap went to Eries with a :37.479.

Some were asking what happened to GTDon?  Well, apparently, sometimes, certain cars can have sporadic glitches for unknown reasons.  I suspect it had something to do with the recent updates.  Anyway, prior to the race I was fine with my car in the meetup.  Then during qualifying my car had no speed and no grip, sort of like the tune was not being recognized.  This continued into the race.  I was down by 10mph at the start of the race without enough grip to hold my line in the turns.  As the rubber came into the track my car gained back some speed and traction, but was still down on top speed by 4mph.  This resulted in my best lap, drafted or not, being limited to a :38.103.  This is about a half second slower than my Rivals time which as you know is always slower than a private lobby race time.  So, something was definitely not right, sadly.  I've since sold both Daytona's and purchased an entirely new one.  Best lap on Rivals? A scorching :37.634 now.  Explanation?  It could be that aside from update effects, it could be a load tune glitch where the system doesn't recognize your tune and you have to re-load it.  It's possible that maybe there is lost information switching from Meetup to a race lobby sometimes.  I don't know.

PositionDriverPre-Race SkillPost-Race Skill
1RIOT ChevyPowerPlatinumPro
2IFCA EriesPlatinumPlatinum
3Racer18 V8GSilverPlatinum
4AAR OneShotSilverGold
5GoSox2000BronzeGold
6IFCA GTDonProGold
7RD JonathonGoldGold
8ITS Wi11iEGoldGold
9fabiomqsGoldGold
10EarnedCarrot925SilverSilver
11Co0l 5tory Br0GoldSilver
12the mexirican 16SilverSilver
13PhoenixRise1700GoldSilver
14Papa creech172BronzeSilver
15TRIDENT9069SilverBronze
16NaughtyDawgzGoldBronze
17xNoRacialxGoldBronze

Last edited by IFCA GTDon on Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:26 pm

Updated

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA Eries Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:54 am

SRC Race 7-8 Daytona Oval Race_710

IFCA Forza Masters: Season 14 (group 6) (Champion), Season 16 (Champion), Season 20 (Team Penske)
IFCA Spec Kings: Datsun 510 (Team Penske)
IFCA FM8: Season 1 (Team Penske), Season 2 (Champion + Team Penske)
IFCA Eries
IFCA Eries
IFCA LICENSE: ELITE

Male

Local : South Africa

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: ZAR Eries
IFCA Car #: 5
Infractions: 0 out of 3

http://www.ifca.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA Eries Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:59 pm

My race replay also didnt save, the Qually one did

IFCA Forza Masters: Season 14 (group 6) (Champion), Season 16 (Champion), Season 20 (Team Penske)
IFCA Eries
IFCA Eries

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Co0l_5tory_br0 Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:31 pm

Hellooo all! I need everyone to join up on the new discord that is being built. after joining please send me a DM via discord telling me what team you are on if any. i am creating private team rooms exclusive to only you and your teammates.

https://discord.gg/ZsFA6Ns6
Co0l_5tory_br0
Co0l_5tory_br0

Male

Local : Phoenix Arizona

Registration date : 2023-10-23

IFCA GTDon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA Eries Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:29 am

SRC Race 7-8 Daytona Oval Race_811

S3 Licenses:

SRC Race 7-8 Daytona Oval Licens11
*** Note all Beginner drivers, that if you have entered and you miss a single race, your license will be revoked and you would need to wait for the following season ***

You HAVE to have a license in order to race. If you are a new racer, you will on your first registration and entry into a season, receive a Beginners license.

IFCA Eries
IFCA Eries

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

SRC Race 7-8 Daytona Oval Empty Race review

Post by IFCA GTDon Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:11 am

Conclusion to Season 2:

This was some seriously hard racing all season long whether at the front or the back.  The extra length we added to the oval finale seemed appropriate to the season as well.  Very grueling.  

Maybe it was just me.  But, I've never had to try to win the pole position in any race 3-times in a row before! lol  I wasn't sure I could honestly.  Yes, I use a wheel, as some of you do.  Yes, I have the #1 time on Rivals, and set the track lap record, but I was only .1-.2 faster in qualifying if everything went well. This is well within the competitive margin.  Everyone should know and understand by now that to compete with your rival competitors here at the IFCA, you must be within 0.2sec of their lap times, or they are going to walk away from you in all likelihood.

(The start was supposed to be our traditional rolling start, but not everyone understood this.  Insult to injury, some people did not know to quit out when 3 or more cars crash at the start.  They just kept going, crossing the start line thus ruining the grid order.  We had to redo qualifying 3 times because of this.)

I do need to address an issue that has been bothering some folks.  It seems a few of you would like it if I posted a pic of my lap times.  Some feel that since I see everyone's lap time during the week, and only a few get to see my lap times, that it would be better if I posted a pic on Discord or the IFCA.  

Now, I could argue that not everyone gets to see everyone else's lap picture during the week, and so why should GTDon be treated differently?  I could also argue that as the race organizer and VIP Founder of the IFCA, my integrity is not questionable too.  But I get it.  

I suppose that if I was a back of the pack type driver this would not be an issue.  At the same time, being a long time frontrunner lends to the legitimacy of my lap times one would think.  Especially so at an oval race, where I have probably had the most dominance going as far back as FM2.  It's a wheel thing.  So, of all the tracks to dispute with me about my times, the ovals would be by far the weakest example for someone to use against me.  Nevertheless, I will post a pic of my best lap time I have that does not already appear on the Rivals leaderboard by Friday 6pm CST.

As for the race, big congrats to Eries for the win as he surged in the remaining rounds to pick up enough points to position himself to win the Championship in the final race no less! With the "Spec Racing Combine Championship" on the line, team orders were issued to let Eries draft and pass where possible.  Defending champion GTDon took 2nd both in the race and for the season, largely due to a mysterious mechanical failure in the penultimate oval race.  So, even if GTDon took the checker, and Eries took 2nd, GTDon would have been .625 behind in points still.  3rd on the podium was RIOT ChevyPower who though fading towards the end of the season managed 3rd overall.

But again, huge respect for Eries to gain his first individual championship in a very long time going all the way back to the Spec Kings season 3, over a year ago!  This is how infrequent it is to win IFCA championships.

A quick shout out to fabiomqs for finishing 4th during the season, the highest he has placed in the IFCA so far.  Very cool to watch him continuously and quietly gain positions each season to become a real threat. Well done!

Over in the team championship it was all Team Penske all season long with a combined average finish of 2.687 place.  In other words they were never off the podium all season long. But there was a battle for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th the whole season. Titans of Touge edged out CR1 Racing, with an average finish of 7.622 to CR1's 8.165, and Team Bilstein not far back in points for 4th overall.

Congrats to Team Penske for yet another dominant team championship defense!

*So that we may guage this format and get a feel for how it went for you and whether it is something we would like to revisit in the future, please let us know here or on the IFCA Discord.

Next season, (Season 3 already) we return to endurance team relay racing!  Begins May 4th @ Road America.  This is a 2 man team format, so grab your buddy, and start posting laps!
https://ifca.forumotion.com/t6912-season-3-format-cars-tracks

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

RP Jonathon likes this post

Back to top Go down

SRC Race 7-8 Daytona Oval Empty Season 3 ratings

Post by IFCA GTDon Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:00 am

As with the start of every new season we try to balance the field/ratings so that at the beginning of a season the faster guys are as close to the slower guys as we can justifiably make them in the quest for fairness. With using the ballast feature, the car handicaps are closer together than before too, i.e., smaller performance gaps between Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Pro.  

Adding to this greater equality is our adjusted ratings scale:

Single driver races
1,2,3, Podium = Pro
4-7 = Platinum
8-11 = Gold
12-15 = Silver
16-19 = Bronze
20-24 = Copper

However, the scale is further amended in the case of the 2-man relay, like this:

Relay 2-man Team races
1-2 = Pro
3-4 = Platinum
5-6 = Gold
7-8 = Silver
9-12 = Bronze

So, our new driver ratings list looks like this for the Season 3 opener:

DriverSkill LevelNumber of RacesIFCA License
IFCA EriesPro18Elite
IFCA GTDonPro18Elite
RIOT ChevyPowerPro18Elite
DinoGrumpsPro1Beginner
WhiskeySix1Pro0Beginner
YensiffPro0Beginner
RP JonathonPro16Advanced
RS Quantum XPro1Beginner
AOR BIG CLOUSEPlatinum5Beginner
OiCafePlatinum0Beginner
Racer18 V8GPlatinum18Advanced
Hiredgun308Platinum6Beginner
APX TREMECPlatinum8Beginner
AAR OneShotPlatinum16Intermediate
EarnedCarrot925Platinum15Intermediate
ITS Wi11iEGold15Advanced
dustin3779Gold10Intermediate
fabiomqsGold15Advanced
GoSox2000Gold7Intermediate
Co0l 5tory Br0Gold16Intermediate
PhoenixRise1700Gold14Advanced
xNoRacialxGold15Advanced
NaughtyDawgzGold16Intermediate
the mexirican 16Silver10Intermediate
P1R GreckenSilver9Beginner
RICEROCKETASIANSilver1Beginner
Papa creech172Silver14Beginner
FRB IncognitoSilver4Beginner
Bizmark27Bronze3Beginner
TRIDENT9069Bronze16Intermediate
Mr cheese aNdYBronze2Beginner
SirKane2  Bronze14Beginner
JitterMan69Bronze9Beginner
daBlackstorm87Copper3Beginner
KislingburyUSACopper0Beginner

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

RP Jonathon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RIOT ChevyPower Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:50 am

Congrats Eries on the championship well earned and long overdue. Don and you pushed me to the limit all season and i just didnt have enough for you guys. It was a good battle all the way to the end with the 3 of us all having a chance at the last race to bring it home. Shows you put the time in you will be rewarded good job guys.

RIOT ChevyPower

Registration date : 2019-02-05

IFCA Eries, IFCA GTDon and papa creech172 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by papa creech172 Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:23 am

IFCA Eries wrote:SRC Race 7-8 Daytona Oval Race_811

S3 Licenses:

SRC Race 7-8 Daytona Oval Licens11
*** Note all Beginner drivers, that if you have entered and you miss a single race, your license will be revoked and you would need to wait for the following season ***

You HAVE to have a license in order to race. If you are a new racer, you will on your first registration and entry into a season, receive a Beginners license.
Note all Beginner drivers, that if you have entered and you miss a single race, your license will be revoked and you would need to wait for the following season *** What happens if something comes up in life and you cant make a race? Kind of Harsh would you not think? What I am missing? Does not seem right. Especially with summer coming on this side of the pond people have familys and may go on Vactation. Please Advise
Regards

papa creech172
IFCA LICENSE: BEGINNER
IFCA LICENSE: BEGINNER

Male

Registration date : 2019-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:27 pm

Note all Beginner drivers, that if you have entered and you miss a single race, your license will be revoked and you would need to wait for the following season *** What happens if something comes up in life and you cant make a race? Kind of Harsh would you not think? What I am missing? Does not seem right. Especially with summer coming on this side of the pond people have familys and may go on Vactation. Please Advise
Regards

Hi creech,  a couple things before I let Eries chime in.  I appreciate your concern for whether or not we may be too strict with licensing. At the same time, this is why we have team meetings.  

This is why we have team meetings to hash things out in ways that can be agreed on and promoted.  But if you don't show up, or if the designated team leader doesn't come to the meeting, then when there is a complaint, we are far less interested in hearing about it from someone who did not do us the honor of coming to the meeting in the first place.  

I'm not suggesting this is you or your team. It is not.  What I am suggesting is, such issues should have been raised at the team meeting.  It's an example of the importance of full participation and attending the team meeting not just to be there, but to add input and make suggestions before the new season begins.

I'll let Eries explain why we arrived at the divisions between licenses that we did.  Just to be clear, a license is in no way connected to your driver rating.  Driver ratings are performanced based from recent events.  Licenses are participation based from recent events.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

SRC Race 7-8 Daytona Oval Empty Official IFCA # Plates

Post by IFCA GTDon Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:14 pm

Below are the officially earned IFCA #plates from Season 2 you may apply to your Season 3 cars.

# PlateDriver
1IFCA Eries
2IFCA GTDon
3RIOT ChevyPower
4fabiomqs
5xNoRacialx
6Racer18 V8G
7RD Jonathon
8ITS Wi11iE
9Co0l 5tory Br0
10EarnedCarrot925
11NaughtyDawgz
12PhoenixRise1700
13GoSox2000
14the mexirican 16
15AAR OneShot
16TRIDENT9069
17Papa creech172

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA Eries Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:07 pm

RL will always be concidered, just let Don know in good time.

IFCA Eries
IFCA Eries

Male

Forza Profile