IFCA
Welcome to the Forum IFCA - International Forza Club Association.
IFCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CSR Wheel

Go down

CSR Wheel Empty CSR Wheel

Post by Guest Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:28 pm

Thursday.
After a great deal of procrastination/ research, I ordered a csr wheel package, csr elite pedals, standard shifters. This package of goodies arrived Tuesday. Yesterday I downloaded owners manual, mounted the assemblies to my PVC rig, and fired it up. Pretty nice! I had to change some in game settings from where I had set the ms wheel( now broken) up. A manual adjustment on the brake or two on the brake pedal and I was in business.
The wheel is nearly silent, idle. I had read on different forums about cooling fan noise, it was barely able to be heard. In game play, the wheel is quieter in its operation than the ms was. Smooth as butter.
Drove the spec vette hp beast first, made some in game ffb adjustments. Decided to switch to a grippy low hp car, and turn off the braking line, and go to manual with clutch all at once. cheers Stock lotus exige for a while, then switched to my personal favorite, Opel Speedster. Went to Motegi full and hot lapped for an hour or so until I set my personal lb time there. An old favorite track,I did all my lobby tunes there for forza3 but somewhat neglected by me here in 4. The time isn't much special, but it was satisfying to see the lb time with no noted assists next to it.

Negative
German engineering... I had read of " German materials" I recall as well. IT IS MADE IN CHINA. I avoid this as much as possible. I don't believe the words " craftsmanship" or " quality" are native to the Chinese lexicon.

I have done no tweaking with the wheel itself. Default setup. Any lessons learned by users of this wheel here in group I'd love to read about. Setting tweaks and their advantages,etc

Thanks for reading.

Back to top Go down

CSR Wheel Empty Re: CSR Wheel

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:56 pm

Used this setup on its second day after assembly in its first series race. DMR spec sedan.
The setup is great! I was involved in probably 5 nose to tail battles, up to 4 cars in each. The actuation of the brakes and throttle with these heavier, 500+ hp cars was excellent. A human who is competent behind the wheel of a real car can handle this setup, easy. I think I'll make my wife take a turn to validate this.
My results? Not so good, but not at all related to the control system, unless you count poor splits through the esses of Suzuka due to me 4 wheel drifting through them with a smile on my face

Back to top Go down