IFCA
Welcome to the Forum IFCA - International Forza Club Association.
IFCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TORA 24 Heures Du Mans

Go down

TORA 24 Heures Du Mans Empty TORA 24 Heures Du Mans

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:27 pm

Here are some pics, stories, and thoughts about the 24 Heures Du Mans TORA style

Back to top Go down

TORA 24 Heures Du Mans Empty Re: TORA 24 Heures Du Mans

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:29 pm

TORA 24 Heures Du Mans 111

TORA 24 Heures Du Mans 210

TORA 24 Heures Du Mans 3a13

TORA 24 Heures Du Mans 410

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:22 pm

Nice, Micky-D's!! lol

IFCA GTDon
IFCA LICENSE: ELITE

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: GTDon2
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3,000,000,000

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:49 pm

yeah had to stop and get some FRENCH fries lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:20 am

Check Out This Cool Spotter's Guide

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:23 am

HERE ARE OUR RACE STINTS - SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE
ALL TIMES ARE IN EST.

Stint 1 – 9am to 11am: ALL MAX RPM
Stint 2 – 11am to 1pm: AAR ABEnstein
Stint 3 - 1pm to 3pm AAR GTDon
Stint 4 - 3pm to 5pm: corwinMB
Stint 5 - 5pm to 7pm: ALL MAX RPM
Stint 6 – 7pm to 9pm AAR ABEnstein
Stint 7 – 9pm to 11pm AAR GTDon
Stint 8 – 11pm to 1am corwinMB
Stint 9 - 1am to 3am: ALL MAX RPM
Stint 10 - 3am to 5am: AAR GTDon
Stint 11 - 5am to 7am: corwinMB
Stint 12 – 7am to 9am: AAR ABEnstein

Last edited by corwinMB on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:24 am

Heads up: Pole time for LMP is now a 3:21.0, set by F4H.

So far, there are two teams that are around our pace, running 26s and 25s. Team Torshavin and Petronas Mercedes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:02 am

Im not worried about it, lets just keep our car clean and let them crash or whatever. I am guessing that since there are only 11 teams driving P1 cars that they will split them in half and the rooms will be dominated by GT cars. So there will be a ton of traffic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:25 pm

driver stints updated memorize where your stints are and make note of them, you must be in the lobby and ready to go no later than 15 minutes before your stint starts or you may not be able to run that stint. DO NOT BE LATE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:05 pm

Ouch. My dismal lap of a 26.5 puts us last in LMP. Sorry guys, I just didn't get the chance to do that flying lap.

I notice that I am doing the last stint. That should be fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:52 pm

you were the fastest, wasn't that the plan?

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:23 pm

nice lap Abe, better than I could have done.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:32 am

got some more testing to do tomorrow morning, but i am in the 3:26:xxx now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:19 pm

I just saw this in the forums over there asking everyone to make sure they open the right ports and set their NAT settings open and blah blah blah. Even if you are wired or have already done the necessary steps please make sure you run through the procedure just to be sure. They will not wait for you if you cannot connect, and if you are late you are SOL - also they noted that if you are in the lobby but not set to ready you are also SOL

SO LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR - SHOW UP ON TIME, HIT READY, AND BE READY TO GO ASAP!!!!!

when you get a sec it wouldn't hurt to read this

Road to Le Mans
Rules and Regulations

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:26 am

Corwin: Something is wrong with the stints on the spotters guide; they're incorrect. I sent them a message with the layout listed above.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:02 pm

what was the problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:21 pm

The last 4 stints were all mixed up. I didn't want any confusion as to who drove when, so I made sure it was updated in the Live Timing. They fixed it.

Edit: I noticed that Corwin the stints up correctly on Wednesday. For some reason, they weren't updated in the Live Timing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:46 pm

interesting

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:51 am

good luck everyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:54 am

24 hours is over....

Team All American Racers [AAR] finished 6th place over all and i believe 6th in our class. We grinded hard but ultimately the lagout suffered by abe cost us. If speculation was right that he missed out on 25 laps from that stint, adding that to our total would have put us in 3rd place for the whole race giving us a first ever AAR TORA 24hr podium. Maybe next year right? We got the experience now we gotta get a second car together. So it will be something to look at down the road when the 12 hours of sebring comes around.

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:38 am

Well done boys! Not bad, all things considered. We really challenged ourselves. We didn't go with what we thought was the very best car class for us, we went with an untried and rarely raced class and car instead. We showed the other leagues we have some speed and can compete, even in cars we don't normally race in.

Without Abe's unfortunate split room lagout, we were actually competing/contending for 3rd place in a car none of us have ever raced before, on a track few of us had much experience on! We learned quickly during the race, as we were the slowest qualifiers to start with.

I know had we gone with the familiar R3 class cars we would have been competing for the win! So no shame here. No heads held low. We did great!Bravo IFCA drivers!

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:13 pm

Not everyone can handle 2hr runs...as a matter of fact, not to many...So congrats guys...great job!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:16 pm

I'm just happy our team represented ourselves as classy drivers with a professional out look. You wouldn't believe how many people added me to their friends list after each stint just to talk to me about what had happened - a lot of new friends - a lot of people i didn't think i would enjoy talking to - and people who were new to online racing told me how much they appreciated the careful but fast driving of Abe and Max, the gritty fearlessness of GT Don despite his wheel glitches - and the careful and strategically placed passing of corwinMB - we did a great job keeping to our strategy, being where we needed to be on time, keeping our heads clear and not letting problems ruin our race - and keeping our minds focused despite being tired and worn down by the late hours of the night.

If anyone showed heart I think it was us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:12 am

It was definitely a great run for the IFCA and AAR. This must be the first time in a while where as a team we drove a great race in a different league. I can't wait to compete in the next race we decide to enter.

It is worth noting that NONE of our drivers were late or absent from their stint, which means every one of us is reliable, and will show up when they say they'll show up.

The question now is, "What will we do next?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:40 pm

AAR ABEnstein wrote:It was definitely a great run for the IFCA and AAR. This must be the first time in a while where as a team we drove a great race in a different league. I can't wait to compete in the next race we decide to enter.

It is worth noting that NONE of our drivers were late or absent from their stint, which means every one of us is reliable, and will show up when they say they'll show up.

The question now is, "What will we do next?"

Me and max entered into the TORA ISCC season driving a Chevy ZR-1 #4 race car. While we know most people can't run at 3PM on saturdays, we are at the mercy of their time being 8PM BST making it hard to work around. This is an American Le Mans style multiclass endurance race with tracks ranging anywhere between an hour to 2 hours long. Right now me and max are entered in car 1 where there is room for one more driver, I think if my understanding is correct we can have a 2nd car if we fill the first one which can be driven by 2 to 3 more drivers as well.

This is a unique event because there is a manufacturers championship based on which tyre we select, max wants to run falkens but we can also go with michlen, pirelli, and bridgestone. Also there is a class cup based on LMP1, LMP2, GTE, and GTC where teams will be given points based on how they do. Finally there is the driver cup which scores points based on how the drivers do on an individual level.

Since this is a TORA event we will be racing with a lot of the people who were in the Le Mans race with us, this is to our advantage cause we have a taste of what each car can do, and who the drivers are so we sort of have an understanding what to expect. If you are interested (i think Oneshot is) you can probably get in a 2nd car with him and have 2 cars with 2 drivers. Let me (corwinMB) know asap, i am currently going over the rules regulations and other need to know basics with AudiSportLouis the events creator, to make sure everything goes smoothly for another AAR team race experience.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down