IFCA
Welcome to the Forum IFCA - International Forza Club Association.
IFCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internet disconnection - only affecting Forza?

2 posters

Go down

Internet disconnection - only affecting Forza? Empty Internet disconnection - only affecting Forza?

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:02 pm

I think I'm slowly going insane. I can't race online in public or private lobbies without getting disconnected every sodding time...

I'm using a Belkin ADSL router (7230-4), and I've never had any problems with it. I can play Modern Warfare etc all night long with an Open NAT, and running an Xbox Live test shows everything is fine.

But almost as soon as I start an online race in FM4, I get disconnected. I've tried using UPnP which didn't solve it, I've tried using Port Forwarding and that didn't solve it, and I've tried putting the Xbox in the DMZ and that hasn't solved it. I'm getting 12MB down and 1MB up, and having tried a ping test against a server in New York, I'm getting 105ms, which shouldn't be too bad (I'm getting 25ms against UK servers not too far from home!).

Back to top Go down

Internet disconnection - only affecting Forza? Empty Re: Internet disconnection - only affecting Forza?

Post by IFCA GTDon Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:37 am

Yes, you are not the only one who has had problems. We had to postpone the final for the Super Spec series because very few could stay in a lobby or connect to a lobby last Wed. It seems to be better now, but the servers will be worked on this Wed, and I hope these issues will be fixed.
People are starting to get mad at T10 because their servers seems so unstable compared to the big boys like MW3 who have way more players.

IFCA GTDon
IFCA LICENSE: ELITE

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: GTDon2
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3,000,000,000

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Internet disconnection - only affecting Forza? Empty Re: Internet disconnection - only affecting Forza?

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:03 am

Incidentally, had an entire evening of fine racing last night since switching to a Netgear router

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA Eries Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:01 am

Netgear FTW, I have just recently switched too from Belkin to Netgear, ADSL+2 NG2200 or something.

IFCA Forza Masters: Season 14 (group 6) (Champion), Season 16 (Champion), Season 20 (Team Penske)
IFCA Spec Kings: Datsun 510 (Team Penske)
IFCA FM8: Season 1 (Team Penske), Season 2 (Champion + Team Penske)
IFCA Eries
IFCA Eries

Male

Local : South Africa

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: ZAR Eries
IFCA Car #: 5
Infractions: 0 out of 3

http://www.ifca.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:45 pm

ZAR Eries wrote:Netgear FTW, I have just recently switched too from Belkin to Netgear, ADSL+2 NG2200 or something.
See, i've been having this problem, quite alot in fact, the same problem as the OP, i have a router our ISP provided us, but happen to have an old netgear one we bought ourselves a while ago that's still a really good, reliable high end model, do you think it's possible in any way to swap out the one the ISP gave us? or will it just be i have to stick with what i'm given? (i'm on BT (British Telecom) if that helps, doubt it will since you're all american though. :')

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA Eries Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:10 pm

NO ONE can force you to use only a specific router/modem, this is what you do.

Do into your modem admin panel and write down all the settings, like ISP login etc etc, then just swop the modems and go into the old modem admin panel and enter all the settings as per the new modem, BOB's your uncle!

IFCA Forza Masters: Season 14 (group 6) (Champion), Season 16 (Champion), Season 20 (Team Penske)
IFCA Spec Kings: Datsun 510 (Team Penske)
IFCA FM8: Season 1 (Team Penske), Season 2 (Champion + Team Penske)
IFCA Eries
IFCA Eries

Male

Local : South Africa

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: ZAR Eries
IFCA Car #: 5
Infractions: 0 out of 3

http://www.ifca.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down