IFCA
Welcome to the Forum IFCA - International Forza Club Association.
IFCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Log a Request for Investigation

+7
D1mien
xLightning16x
RP Jonathon
IFCA GTDon
jason"1shot"
papa creech172
IFCA Eries
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Log a Request for Investigation - Page 2 Empty Re: Log a Request for Investigation

Post by IFCA Eries Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:43 am

I get more of what you mean now.

Don and I are aligned maybe my message is just lost in translation. Let's chat rather.

IFCA Forza Masters: Season 14 (group 6) (Champion), Season 16 (Champion), Season 20 (Team Penske)
IFCA Spec Kings: Datsun 510 (Team Penske)
IFCA FM8: Season 1 (Team Penske), Season 2 (Champion + Team Penske)
IFCA Eries
IFCA Eries
IFCA LICENSE: ELITE
IFCA LICENSE: ELITE

Male

Local : South Africa

Registration date : 2007-04-04

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: ZAR Eries
IFCA Car #: 5
Infractions: 0 out of 3

http://www.ifca.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Log a Request for Investigation - Page 2 Empty Update on how to log investigation

Post by IFCA GTDon Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:11 pm

After a series of very long talks and even heated debates, it has been determined that we should add a layer to our existing penalty system in order to reduce penalties as much as possible along with any hard feelings that could result.  The idea is to try to mitigate the bad and enhance the good of the IFCA penalty system.  

As most know, we do not enjoy ruling on penalties and have taken a very casual approach over the years in order to keep the focus more on racing and less on post race litigation.  So in the future please try not to fight about an incident during the race or after the race.  Instead, (and this is the new layer) what we want you to do is talk it over with your team leader first.  Then, your team leader can consult and confer with the other team leaders who represent the other drivers involved.  After this happens a determination can be made on exactly what happened and if a penalty should or should not be issued.

If all sides agree nothing should be done, then no one will log an investigation.  If either side disagrees and thinks a penalty is warranted, then the team leader and/or driver who was injured is authorized to log an investigation.

As noted in the log process in the first post of this thread:

"Firstly, we want everyone who may have been involved in an incident to consult with their team leader before logging an investigation.  Get with your team leader first and go over the details.  Your team leader, once informed, will then confer with the team leader or leaders of the other drivers involved as a means to diffuse and mitigate the problem as much as possible before mediation is conducted.  If no resolution is achieved between team leaders or if it becomes clear a penalty or penalties should be issued, then the team leader is authorized to log the investigation or have the injured driver log it.  ZAR Eries and WhiskeySix1 will then investigate and recommend what they think the penalty should be.  Then GTDon will issue the actual penalty or penalties based on the recommendation."

This means that it is still possible though unlikely that GTDon may not issue the recommended penalty.  It is still up to him to decide the severity of the penalty with the stipulation that whatever the final penalty is, it should not exceed what the recommendation is.

And for those who might be wondering, our penalty system was never intended to be punitive in the first place like in real racing.  We race for fun, not money.  All we want to do is slap hands at most and give everyone the sense that there are some limits.  Most of our drivers if not all understand this and are self policing.  We really haven't had a lot of problems with contact incidents.  We feel by adding this extra step we can refine the penalty system to an even finer degree that helps everyone have a voice and a process to make things right.

Thanks to all the team leaders and drivers who helped make this adjustment.  Special thanks to Wolf, OneShot, Whiskey, Eries, and Lightning for hammering this out.

Be advised that we will be having a Team Leader meeting as well as a driver meeting before the release of FM8.

Thank you for your support,
GTDon

IFCA GTDon
IFCA LICENSE: ADVANCED

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: GTDon2
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3,000,000,000

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Log a Request for Investigation - Page 2 Empty Re: Log a Request for Investigation

Post by ITS_Wi11iE Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:20 am

ITSWI11IE
August 5th, Road America, Season 20
Final lap
EarnedCarrot925 made contact with my rear bumper two different times on final lap in the final series of corners. The contact in the final corner ended up costing me a position. I do have a video recording to assist.

ITS_Wi11iE

Male

Local : Sherman, New York

Registration date : 2021-10-29

IFCA GTDon and papa creech172 like this post

Back to top Go down

Log a Request for Investigation - Page 2 Empty First lap incident

Post by Co0l_5tory_br0 Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:28 am

Earnedcarrot925
January 20th 2024 Kayalami
first lap corner 5

i do feel i came in hot on the inside of the inside of the corner in an attempt to late brake to take initiation on corner exit. but i feel there was no attempts lessen the contact made as i was pushed into a 180.
possible could be my fault but it did happen and put me at a huge disadvantage the rest of the race.

here is a clip of the incident from my P.O.V.

https://clips.twitch.tv/NaiveAgileMushroomPlanking-pR71qOV76wD6ZAoh
Co0l_5tory_br0
Co0l_5tory_br0
IFCA LICENSE: INTERMEDIATE

Male

Local : Phoenix Arizona

Registration date : 2023-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Earnedcarrot925 Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:59 am

From my view from the race and the video I feel like it was a dive bomb attempt or coming too hot as I was already committing to the corner. I was dealing with the invisible car glitch there was no power from me to stop him spinning out but if it’s my fault sorry.

Earnedcarrot925

Registration date : 2020-04-04

Co0l_5tory_br0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Co0l_5tory_br0 Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:14 pm

Om curious to what extent you were dealing with the invisible car glitch
Co0l_5tory_br0
Co0l_5tory_br0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Earnedcarrot925 Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:49 pm

as they were ghosted like in rivals and I felt no feedback on my end if I bumped them that is why I was being cautious with other racers and giving them room

Earnedcarrot925

Registration date : 2020-04-04

Co0l_5tory_br0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:57 pm

Co0l_5tory_br0 wrote:Earnedcarrot925
January 20th 2024 Kayalami
first lap corner 5

i do feel i came in hot on the inside of the inside of the corner in an attempt to late brake to take initiation on corner exit. but i feel there was no attempts lessen the contact made as i was pushed into a 180.
possible could be my fault but it did happen and put me at a huge disadvantage the rest of the race.

https://clips.twitch.tv/NaiveAgileMushroomPlanking-pR71qOV76wD6ZAoh

This incident has been reviewed.  Thank you for presenting us the information carrot.  

The IFCA Race Officials ruling is that bro did make a mistake and came in way too hot, but, because it was he who suffered the most for his ill fated attempt, we see this as a self correcting racing incident where the offender earned his own penalty by going off the track, while the offended driver lost no positions.

No further analysis will be needed on this. bro drove very well the rest of the race, you just can't be too eager sometimes.

We do wish more people like carrot would point things out officially or even unofficially so that everyone can get a good feel for what is allowed and what isn't.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: GTDon2
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3,000,000,000

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Log a Request for Investigation - Page 2 Empty Silverstone incident

Post by fabiomqs Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:42 am

APX TREMEC
February 3rd 2024 Silverstone
thirteenth lap

It seems to me that Tremec intentionally forced overtaking on the corner with several collisions.

https://youtu.be/2eB7GnocLSM

fabiomqs

Registration date : 2023-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Co0l_5tory_br0 Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:25 am

fabiomqs wrote:APX TREMEC
February 3rd 2024 Silverstone
thirteenth lap

It seems to me that Tremec intentionally forced overtaking on the corner with several collisions.

You should post both of the videos. This one could be argued " he didn't see you" since his car barely reacted  But the second video shows he was aware of you and spun him self after hitting you. Here's the other one for you
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1165388299028930695/1203510774065270834/2ae45992-851b-4712-94cc-6dff71a31428.mp4?ex=65d15bc0&is=65bee6c0&hm=4d0352a826fb987d14d8435224d4f7852ef101248bde92651f136fd5cc5ec397&

https://youtu.be/2eB7GnocLSM
Co0l_5tory_br0
Co0l_5tory_br0

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2