IFCA
Welcome to the Forum IFCA - International Forza Club Association.
IFCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TCS?

+2
papa creech172
IFCA GTDon
6 posters

IFCA  :: I-O

Go down

Should TCS be allowed in IFCA Trans Am events that predate TCS?

TCS? Vote_lcap67%TCS? Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 8 ]
TCS? Vote_lcap33%TCS? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

TCS? Empty TCS?

Post by IFCA GTDon Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:28 am

Some are asking why TCS is being allowed since the cars in the Triple Crown never had that technology.  It's a fair question so we will put it to a vote.

IFCA GTDon
IFCA LICENSE: ADVANCED

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: GTDon2
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3,000,000,000

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

TCS? Empty Re: TCS?

Post by papa creech172 Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:14 am

is a vote yes mean TCS is allowed

papa creech172
IFCA LICENSE: BEGINNER

Male

Registration date : 2019-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:39 am

papa creech172 wrote:is a vote yes mean TCS is allowed

yes

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:11 pm

Allow it. We're not playing for money, we're playing for fun. If TCS makes it more fun, go for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by GoSox2000 Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:14 pm

I don’t know Don, I’m pretty sure the cars didn’t have the technology to steer with a joystick or shift by hitting a button either? Are we going to not allow the clutch button? It’s just an opinion, but think people will have more fun and drive safer if it is allowed.

GoSox2000
IFCA LICENSE: INTERMEDIATE
IFCA LICENSE: INTERMEDIATE

Registration date : 2019-03-22

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag:
IFCA Car #: ? ? ?
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:17 pm

***jumps in AWD converted V8 Honda Civic and drives away***

Back to top Go down

Post by papa creech172 Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:29 pm

Arrow TCS? 729580
GoSox2000 wrote:I don’t know Don, I’m pretty sure the cars didn’t have the technology to steer with a joystick or shift by hitting a button either?  Are we going to not allow the clutch button? It’s just an opinion, but think people will have more fun and drive safer if it is allowed.

papa creech172

Male

Registration date : 2019-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:32 pm

papa creech172 wrote:Arrow TCS? 729580
GoSox2000 wrote:I don’t know Don, I’m pretty sure the cars didn’t have the technology to steer with a joystick or shift by hitting a button either?  Are we going to not allow the clutch button? It’s just an opinion, but think people will have more fun and drive safer if it is allowed.

Yeah, the IFCA has always allowed TCS and whatever to drive.  We've rarely used sim damage for that matter.  Our whole goal has been to make things easy, accessible, and fun for every kind of driver or driving.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT TomCat7 Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:56 pm

GTDon2 wrote:

Yeah, the IFCA has always allowed TCS and whatever to drive.  We've rarely used sim damage for that matter.  Our whole goal has been to make things easy, accessible, and fun for every kind of driver or driving.

TCS? 154365 TCS? 948145
EZT TomCat7
EZT TomCat7

Male

Local : California Central Coast

Registration date : 2015-07-06

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: EZT TomCat7
IFCA Car #: 711
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnite Rider Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:16 pm

GTDon2 wrote:

Regardless of whether the cars had the tech or not, I feel it should be up to the individual driver. I sometimes use it and sometimes don't, it all depends on the car and track. I mean, after all, we are here to have fun and if it means allowing TCS or not, I feel it should stay status quo. It's kinda like they didn't have an automatic trans or ABS in them either but we allow that.

If I wanted to be all serious about it and disallow everything I can just go over to TORA and race there. I vote we keep things as they are now. Leave it up to the individual for that decision. IMHO cheers

Force the clutch and I would not be able to race here anymore. With arthritis in my hands and all the damage they have endured over the years (I have not taken very good care of myself, LOL) I cannot physically use the clutch button. affraid

Midnite Rider

Male

Local : Oceanside, California USA

Registration date : 2009-11-11

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag:
IFCA Car #:
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by RIOT ChevyPower Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:11 pm

I think factory drivers yes privateer hell no drive that doodoo lol

RIOT ChevyPower
IFCA LICENSE: ELITE

Registration date : 2019-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by RIOT ChevyPower Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:24 pm

Us privateer drivers shouldn't need tcs give the factory guys something

RIOT ChevyPower

Registration date : 2019-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:26 pm

RIOT ChevyPower wrote:Us privateer drivers shouldn't need tcs give the factory guys something

Not a bad thought. Lol

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnite Rider Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:24 am

RIOT ChevyPower wrote:Us privateer drivers shouldn't need tcs give the factory guys something

Nope, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. If you guys want to use it go ahead and use it. They claim you cannot be as fast as someone who doesn't, goes for the clutch as well. Make the fast guys use it so it slows then down.  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil LOL

While we are at it give them a 20% traction and HP deficit!! ROFLMAO

Midnite Rider

Male

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag:
IFCA Car #:
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:36 am

I kind of like the idea of Privateer not being able to use it, though I'd bet few do anyway. Even push the number up higher, like 1975 or 1980. There is a valley between 1950 and about 1975 that's tough to cross!

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:59 am

SevenZero TA wrote:I kind of like the idea of Privateer not being able to use it, though I'd bet few do anyway. Even push the number up higher, like 1975 or 1980. There is a valley between 1950 and about 1975 that's tough to cross!

Well, after 9 seasons and about a year and a half using this split build format it seems to bear out what we would want to see.  For example, anyone on the cusp of Privateer (1950.000) --perhaps sometimes higher, and sometimes lower, like Nova or Sox, they are able to hit the same or better lap times in a Factory build as most of the Privateer drivers. Which is the intent of the format.  We want the slower guys to have artificial equality with the faster guys.  1950 seems to be the crossroad mark for a fast Factory driver to move up to Privateer.  

To set the threshold higher than 1950 means that many low Privateer drivers would be significantly faster driving a Factory car than all but the very fastest and highest-rated drivers.  This would establish an imbalance of sorts where most of the drivers would then be Factory level and the minority would be Privateers'.  This also means that the lower end Factory drivers would have little to no advantage to compete equally as most of the IFCA drivers would be in their class.  At that point you might as well abandon the split build system entirely because you are defeating the purpose of it.

My suggestion for everyone is to get faster.  You don't really want to be in the no-mans-land between classes because as a low Privateer driver you will struggle to keep up with the fast guys, and at the same time some of your old slow Factory friends will be keeping up with you. lol

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:01 am

Ah doodoo, I never even thought about getting faster. That's what I'll do. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:02 am

SevenZero TA wrote:Ah doodoo, I never even thought about getting faster. That's what I'll do. Laughing

I know, right?  It's so simple. lol

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnite Rider Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:56 pm

GTDon2 wrote:
SevenZero TA wrote:Ah doodoo, I never even thought about getting faster. That's what I'll do. Laughing

I know, right?  It's so simple. lol

Easier said than done, I'll always be a slow guy but I enjoy what I do and it provides me a temporary relief of getting out of my physical issues and not think about pain, blood disease or cancers. Even if only for an hour or so 2 times a week is a HUGE help for someone like me.

All I can say is thank you Don and the other organizers, for giving me a little escape from what I deal with 24/7/365.

Midnite Rider

Male

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag:
IFCA Car #:
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content