IFCA
Welcome to the Forum IFCA - International Forza Club Association.
IFCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IFCA Series News

+22
bulletgtr89
Earnedcarrot925
WritesCode4Food
jason"1shot"
RIOT ChevyPower
D1mien
ZHP_2004
latte speed
Lando
papa creech172
IFCA Eries
EZT Neo 45
yankeesfanfp1
Lanrell
TheyCallMeBubz
Midnite Rider
blkghost187
speedyjab09
ERT Vader
EZT TomCat7
Ax4x Nelly
IFCA GTDon
26 posters

Page 8 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 8 Empty Re: IFCA Series News

Post by IFCA GTDon Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:21 pm

Lanrell wrote:I am so sorry for the lack of Racing from my part, Real life sh*t is killing me, yesterday at 3 pm I have to call 911 as my partner have small heart attack.

At the age of 50 y/o Racing online still very high, but life have others plans, but am not giving up yet.

Yeah, real life sucks and takes the fun out of everything. lol  No problem, we all have to do what we have to do.  Hopefully we can get you next week at Laguna Seca.

IFCA GTDon
IFCA LICENSE: ADVANCED

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: GTDon2
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3,000,000,000

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:39 pm

Where's the penalties??? Cars re-entering track while other cars, who didn't slide of track, are on the racing line!! I got door slams from TomCat when he was not only re-entering the track from driving off, but was a lap down, and I was the leader!! Also was hit by 1 of the Audi's, I think was Sir Kane, when he was coming back on track, once again a lap down and I was leading. Poe was at least a lap down, and held up both Ghost and me while he was in 8th, and we were running 3rd and 4th, for 2 lala laps. Where are the penalties??? I never retaliated in any of these events, or caused any of their off track excursions. I was penalized when Thumbs and I performed bump-and-runs, neither resulted in sending the other off track, at Lime Rock!! This is supposed to be fun, and it is, but the rules should not be arbitrary. At the start off EVERY race, all drivers are told EXPLICITLY, DO NOT RE-ENTER TRACK while other drivers, who stay on track, are in the RACING LINE!!!!! And, DO NOT hold up faster cars, who are on the LEAD LAP!!! And every driver says "YES, we understand the rules". These events took us out of contention for 2nd overall, and possibly the win. I'm so lala tired of getting man pipes-over by drivers who constantly ignore these 2 rules!!! When I'm a lap down, and the leaders come up on me, I GIVE THEM ROOM TO PASS BY, with minimal time lost! I still love racing in this league, but I follow the rules the very best I can, and I expect every other driver to do the same. I'm sure they will all proclaim their innocence, and ANYONE ( not just the names listed here) who did these violations and not admit up to it, are chicken-doodoo, that I dont care to run against. Hope they don't qualify for the upcoming season! I have 2 strikes against me for the Thumbs-Cole incident, and for not having the correct car build, although it was a hindrance and not an advantage! Who's actually going to be penalize for these events???

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:19 pm

LongPoleCole wrote:Where's the penalties??? Cars re-entering track while other cars, who didn't slide of track, are on the racing line!! I got door slams from TomCat when he was not only re-entering the track from driving off, but was a lap down, and I was the leader!! Also was hit by 1 of the Audi's, I think was Sir Kane, when he was coming back on track, once again a lap down and I was leading.  Poe was at least a lap down, and held up both Ghost and me while he was in 8th, and we were running 3rd and 4th, for 2 lala laps. Where are the penalties??? I never retaliated in any of these events, or caused any of their off track excursions.  I was penalized when Thumbs and I performed bump-and-runs, neither resulted in sending the other off track, at Lime Rock!!  This is supposed to be fun, and it is, but the rules should not be arbitrary.  At the start off EVERY race, all drivers are told EXPLICITLY,  DO NOT RE-ENTER TRACK while other drivers, who stay on track, are in the RACING LINE!!!!!  And, DO NOT hold up faster cars, who are on the LEAD LAP!!! And every driver says "YES, we understand the rules". These events took us out of contention  for 2nd overall, and possibly the win. I'm so lala tired of getting man pipes-over by drivers who constantly ignore these 2 rules!!!  When I'm a lap down, and the leaders come up on me, I GIVE THEM ROOM TO PASS BY, with minimal time lost! I still love racing in this league, but I follow the rules the very best I can, and I expect every other driver to do the same. I'm sure they will all proclaim their innocence, and ANYONE ( not just the names listed here) who did these violations and not admit up to it, are chicken-doodoo, that I dont care to run against. Hope they don't qualify for the upcoming season!  I have 2 strikes against me for the Thumbs-Cole incident,  and for not having the correct car build, although it was a hindrance and not an advantage! Who's actually going to be penalize for these events???

Hi Cole, I did review the replay (quickly) and didn't see any of this, so let me check again.  In the meantime, please, I think it would be best to simply explain what you experienced so that closer attention can be made.  No need to get angry or throw a lot of emotional protest into it.  No need to swear at anyone either.  It's fair to file a protest, gives the race director a better chance to address the issue for the betterment of everyone. It is not fair or fun to vehemently accuse people of bad things if you are trying to help make things better.  People will listen to you a lot more if you don't insult them first is my point. So, let me have a better look and I'll see what needs to be done.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:39 pm

Okay, just reviewed your replay but because the replay is so short (20min) it only shows the first stint of you and ghost.  Everything you described came towards the end of the race, or well past the first stint.  This is why I saw nothing.  I'm going to review the drivers in question and see if they did anything dumb in the first 20min too.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:49 pm

I didn't insult any one person. I said if a driver won't admit to the rules violations they commit, that that's chicken poo, because where I grew up, a person who doesn't fess-up, is considered a coward.
And you seriously think I'm just making any of it up??? You've been racing with me for awhile now, and when I'm slow I accept it, and I don't screw over the other racers. Ask Ghost if you dont believe me. And I'm actually offended that you dont believe my statement of FACTS! Just like Lime Rock, if you didn't see it, it must not have happened. I was intentionally crashed there, but it was at the end and you didn't have proof. And you took the word of a brand new racer, instead of someone you've been racing with for many races.

Last edited by LongPoleCole on Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:23 pm

LongPoleCole wrote:I didn't insult any one person. I said if a driver won't admit to the rules violations they commit, that that's chicken poo, because where I grew up, a person who doesn't fess-up, is considered a coward.
                And you seriously think I'm just making any of it up??? You've been racing with me for awhile now, and when I'm slow I accept it, and I don't screw over the other racers. Ask Ghost if you dont believe me. And I'm actually offended that you dont believe my statement of FACTS! Just like Lime Rock, if you didn't see it, it must not have happened. I was intentionally crashed there, but it was at the end and you didn't have proof. And you took the word of a brand new racer, instead of someone you've been racing with for many races. When have I ever been less than honest with you?

Look Cole, please, I don't think you understand.  You can't demand professional behavior while expressing yourself in an unprofessional manner here.  You are violating the forum rules.  We have these rules in place so that a civil discourse can be had and things don't turn into a fireball.

No one thinks you are making anything up.  I simply can not judge a blank video screen in your favor, or against you for that matter.  

I can not take anything on anyone's word just because they have been here for a long time and I know them, either.  That's not how fair adjudication works.  There has to be some sort of video evidence and you know this.  I'm very surprised you are making me say this because I know you know this is true.  

I didn't say it didn't happen to you, I said I didn't see it.  Big difference.  So don't be offended for no reason.

After further review, I could find nothing to hand out warnings or penalties for.  If you have a screen capture or video capture of an incident please produce it and we can rule on it.  What I did see was a great battle and clean racing given the skill level between TomCat and yankee, very well done guys.  This evidence lends to the idea that such drivers are not in the habit of trying to ruin anyone's race.  They may make mistakes in judgment but no malice would be assigned.

It's great that people get upset when something bad happens because it means they care.  I appreciate that a lot. At the same time, this rage has to be tempered by what needs to be done about it so that it isn't repeated, so that everyone can have fun.  We are not here to make enemies, we are here to have close racing with friends and need to respect everyone in this way at all times, even when bad things happen.

My suggestion in the future is to be ready to do a video capture for anything that is in violation of the rules occurring beyond the 20min time limit of the replay.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blkghost187 Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:21 pm

I'm surprised that Turn 10 can't make videos longer than 20 mins. I get why because of tremendous usage of memory which slow downs game performance. So, yes video capture might be the way to go.

Don, I was thinking about what you said earlier in your summary recap. Clean and consistent racing will give you the advantage. Which is logical true. However, what happen last night was not necessarily true. I watch you and Incognito for the first stint in the replay. You and I were in the pits. Cole had a good lead on Incognito and what was interesting to me. He went off course and lost more time to Cole. If you say you guys pit in 5 laps. Cole was still out there for 2 more laps (we pit in lap 7) you left pits and I had to catch up to you right? I leave out on Cole's lap 7. So as a team we still had the lead.

If you look at it in another perspective....you left two laps earlier to me and I had to catch you. But overall as a team you are still down at least two laps down from Cole. So which stint did your team take the lead? This also applies to bubz and speedy. I get what Bubz said that they pit in lap 11 which is a 1 lap earlier that my team. But they are still down from leader. Overall I'm trying to say, we weren't inconsistent as much as anybody else to lose that much time. Again I'm still scratching my head Lol! when did we lose the lead? Well..Im looking forward for the next race!

Bubz and Speedy I was on the edge of my seat! That was the best racing we had so far in this series! I think the added class for next season will make this more exciting that any nascar event mixed with MMA fighting! LOL!

-ghost Laughing
blkghost187
blkghost187

Registration date : 2018-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:11 pm

It's not just one thing, like i said, time is repeatedly lost by traffic, contact, poor exchanges in the pits, and off-track incidents. And Cole complained that later in the race he was held up, and crashed into. Meanwhile i never saw any traffic and was clicking off high 1:53s lap after lap. Incog had one bad accident but was otherwise doing well. SPEEDY too had some contact at the end.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheyCallMeBubz Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:48 am

Hey Ghost & Cole , that was some intense racing on the last lap! Definitely the best ( and sweatiest lol ) battle I've had within this Relay Series so far. Hopefully more of that Very Happy .

As for next season, GS cars are going to have to be patient and take their time passing the slower ST cars.. We had a major issue on The Online Racing Association in any mixed class series' such as British GT-with the faster GT3 car's & the slower "production based" GT4 cars or the American SportsCar Championship (ASCC) with the Daytona Prototype's & the GT3 car's where the Premier Class would make crazy dive-bombs or ridiculous passes through sweeper's... I feel as if this will be an issue next season. With some of the poor racing we have seen already this season, I fear it'll be even worse with people making poor decisions on the track on where to pass, not being patient enough and waiting for the appropriate time to pass, or even something simple as just holding your line through a corner, straight, etc etc.

It's sad to say but the racing I've done in other leagues has been a lot cleaner than what this league has to offer-and I already know if I run in Street Tuner, I'm gonna end up getting wrecked by somebody in the GS class who decided to dive it down on my inside T1 @ Daytona... :/
When have I, Bubz, ever taken out any of y'all? You know I try to keep it clean and proper whenever you guys race with me Smile. Regardless of person I always try to have the *most* racing etiquette/respect. Sometimes in the heat of a battle things might get hairy, but you know me, i'll check up and wait if anything dramatic takes place.

I guess what I'm tryin' to say is that I respect each and everyone of you on the track, and I would hope for you guys to do the same for me. The guys I battle with, y'all are fine lol-This is to the guys whom I can't even drive substantially close too without having my racing line cut off, or even worse-bumped into... They don't teach this in school but when you're on the track, be "readable" to those around you, don't do something that the other driver wouldn't see coming, if that makes sense..

Sorry for the rant boys, just needed to get this off my chest before next season began. Exclamation

TheyCallMeBubz

Male

Local : Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Registration date : 2018-08-17

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: LMP Bubz
IFCA Car #: ? ? ?
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:21 am

Hi bubz, all important points to note especially for season 2. SimR is also moving to multi-class and is trying to educate drivers on how to drive in each class, because no matter where you might race this is the challenge with multi-class racing.  It is a problem in real racing too.  But it is also the very reason why the format is used. It adds another layer of difficulty for everyone regardless of skill level.

Basically, slower cars must drive predictably on their line, and faster cars must use caution with every pass. If a slower car does the unexpected, or a faster car throws caution to the wind, both will cause a wreck.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnite Rider Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:29 am

I have no teammate for Laguna, if anyone knows someone who can stand in for Sir Kane, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Midnite Rider

Male

Local : Oceanside, California USA

Registration date : 2009-11-11

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag:
IFCA Car #:
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by blkghost187 Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:01 am

TheyCallMeBubz wrote:Hey Ghost & Cole , that was some intense racing on the last lap! Definitely the best ( and sweatiest lol ) battle I've had within this Relay Series so far. Hopefully more of that Very Happy .

As for next season, GS cars are going to have to be patient and take their time passing the slower ST cars.. We had a major issue on The Online Racing Association in any mixed class series' such as British GT-with the faster GT3 car's & the slower "production based" GT4 cars or the American SportsCar Championship (ASCC) with the Daytona Prototype's & the GT3 car's where the Premier Class would make crazy dive-bombs or ridiculous passes through sweeper's... I feel as if this will be an issue next season. With some of the poor racing we have seen already this season, I fear it'll be even worse with people making poor decisions on the track on where to pass, not being patient enough and waiting for the appropriate time to pass, or even something simple as just holding your line through a corner, straight, etc etc.

It's sad to say but the racing I've done in other leagues has been a lot cleaner than what this league has to offer-and I already know if I run in Street Tuner, I'm gonna end up getting wrecked by somebody in the GS class who decided to dive it down on my inside T1 @ Daytona... :/
When have I, Bubz, ever taken out any of y'all? You know I try to keep it clean and proper whenever you guys race with me Smile. Regardless of person I always try to have the *most* racing etiquette/respect. Sometimes in the heat of a battle things might get hairy, but you know me, i'll check up and wait if anything dramatic takes place.

I guess what I'm tryin' to say is that I respect each and everyone of you on the track, and I would hope for you guys to do the same for me. The guys I battle with, y'all are fine lol-This is to the guys whom I can't even drive substantially close too without having my racing line cut off, or even worse-bumped into... They don't teach this in school but when you're on the track, be "readable" to those around you, don't do something that the other driver wouldn't see coming, if that makes sense..

Sorry for the rant boys, just needed to get this off my chest before next season began. Exclamation
Totally agree with you Bubz Very Happy Remember we were in TORA together and I completed third in privateer individual standing British GT. In NASCC that was a real mess and drivers were not respecting anybody. I had many incidents in that league. Hopefully drivers in this league see's I respect other drivers and race clean as possible at a high competitive level while learning at the same time. Will see how the next season unfolds. Wait....LOL lets see how this Saturday unfolds! Laughing
blkghost187
blkghost187

Back to top Go down

Post by blkghost187 Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:04 am

Midnite Rider wrote:I have no teammate for Laguna, if anyone knows someone who can stand in for Sir Kane, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Midnite, I'll see if I can get somebody for you. Smile
blkghost187
blkghost187

Back to top Go down

Post by speedyjab09 Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:58 pm

GTDon2 wrote:
speedyjab09 wrote:Hey guys, just a reminder if a faster car comes up on you later in the race and you are not racing them for position, please let them pass and don't mess up their race.

Great advice.  Although at the very end I have to say the guys did well to stay out of the way.

Maybe for you.......not the case for me who was a few hundred feet behind 3rd and 4th in the closing laps. I ended up putting myself into a wall to avoid another driver who was not in a battle with anyone close to them. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
speedyjab09
speedyjab09

Male

Local : San Marcos, California

Registration date : 2012-10-26

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: speedyjab09
IFCA Car #: 17
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT TomCat7 Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:56 pm

I always try to let anyone pass that comes up on meat a faster clip than I'm running.
I'm sorry if I may have got in the way of anyone last week.
Due to no mike sound from other drivers, it is not easy to tell when someone is coming up on me when there is not too much of viewing in the rear.

It should be easier to tell if someone is gaining on Laguna Seca this Sat.

I posted a replay of Road America where I was bumped from both sides and my car rolled on lap 3 after turn 1. lol

Last edited by EZT TomCat7 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
EZT TomCat7
EZT TomCat7

Male

Local : California Central Coast

Registration date : 2015-07-06

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: EZT TomCat7
IFCA Car #: 711
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by blkghost187 Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:59 pm

Midnite Rider wrote:I have no teammate for Laguna, if anyone knows someone who can stand in for Sir Kane, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Midnite, so far no luck to find a driver. Ill try to reach out again today.
blkghost187
blkghost187

Back to top Go down

Post by TheyCallMeBubz Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:15 pm

Midnite, I could get Chunky available for tomorrow's race, if you want.

TheyCallMeBubz

Male

Local : Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Registration date : 2018-08-17

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: LMP Bubz
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanrell Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:23 pm

Sorry guys I can't make it tomorrow Sad Mad Crying or Very sad
Lanrell
Lanrell

Male

Registration date : 2017-12-04

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag:
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by blkghost187 Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:50 pm

We need another driver for Nova too.
blkghost187
blkghost187

Back to top Go down

Post by blkghost187 Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:55 pm

I sent a message to SaNdMoUsE 88. To see if he wants to race with us.
blkghost187
blkghost187

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT TomCat7 Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:00 am

I also need a driver for today.
EZT TomCat7
EZT TomCat7

Male

Forza Profile
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:21 pm

Congrats to the 3 amego's for capturing the half point weekly fastest test lap bonuses. 

GTDon Hellcat 1:31.022 (1900 build)
SPEEDY M4 1:31.417 (1900 build)
Cole 911 GT3 1:31.696 (1800 build)

The GS track lap record, however, is held by the Audi R8 (1900 build) driven by GTDon at 1:30.315

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT TomCat7 Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:09 am

Well, last nights race on Laguna Seca did not turn out too good for me.

My Mike and Headset was working.
I qualified in 5th place.
I had a sub driver for my team. and had sent a friend's request to "OstrichonToast" even before joining GTDon2' sent me a party invite.

When I tried to send an invite to my sub teammate, I could not find him in my "Friends" list. Also, I was not in the race lobby to start the race.

Therefore I missed the race last night. lol

EZT TomCat7
EZT TomCat7

Male

Forza Profile
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

IFCA Series News - Page 8 Empty Laguna recap:

Post by IFCA GTDon Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:25 pm

Post race report brought to you by "National Home Improvement", "Subway" and "Domino's".

Not a clean start boys.  In fact it was the least clean start of the entire season mainly due to, you guessed it, SirKane lag.  Although he experienced no lag, those around him especially bubz did.  Nevertheless, a warning is being issued to SirKane for unsafe passing at the start where he tried to wedge his Audi between 2 cars.  It is unclear that even without lag this would have been a safe thing to do, and failing to wait for bubz to recover earns an additional warning.  I watched this from bubz recording and then SPEEDY's replay which showed the lag was one-sided.

I really hate issuing anything to new drivers to the series, but sometimes I'm forced to. FRB Curve and Poennaninova were having some back and forth at the start which is fine.  However, it appeared that Curve was purposely using the band technique of "bump and run."  I like to let guys race please understand.  If you smack a guy a little --but not off the track, and he does the same back to you, rubbins racin!  But if you are purposely using it as a technique to push a guy out of the way, you are begging for a ruling on your racing here at the IFCA. Curve gets a warning for this.  At the same time I want to commend Nova for waiting for Curve to recover after Nova pushed him into the dirt after the corkscrew.  Nova wasn't trying to make contact, but when he accidentally did he did the correct thing here at the IFCA, he waited for his competitor to gain back the lost position.  Well done Nova!

There may have been other instances of contact but I could not find them on the replay.  I did hear that chunkymonkey may have been a hazard to the field in some spots, and I did see one time where he popped the rearend of yankee in the Andretti hairpin (turn 2), but yankee was in the dirt beforehand so I can't totally fault chunky for the contact.  Even so, it would be wise for chunky to be more careful at his current skill level and not try to drive over his head.

Season points leader team "MOPAR OR NO CAR" did it again which was not expected at this tight track, and won by a safe margin of 9sec.  Both the Audi and 911 GT3 were technically faster at Laguna, with the Audi R8 owning the GS track lap record with a 1:30.315.  But come qualifying time it was the Hellcat of GTDon with a quick 1:31.095, and fastest race lap as well with a 1:31.054.

Second place went to team "TSM" in their reliable BMW M4. Third place some 17sec behind second went to team "LOL Racing" in their 911 GT3.

There was a change in season points order after this round with team "MR SK racing" in their Audi R8 moving up into 4th ahead of team "NO SPEAK ENGLISH" in the Merc SLS.

Weekly test lap bonus half points:
GTDon Hellcat 1:31.022 (1900 build)
SPEEDY M4 1:31.417 (1900 build)
Cole 911 GT3 1:31.696 (1800 build)

Next up is Road Atlanta.

Team OrderPre-Race RatingDriver/TeamCarDriver Finishing OrderFinishing Position Avg.Team Rating
11972.627GTDon 2Dodge Hellcat11.51961.913
 1951.199FRB IncognitoDodge Hellcat2  

21957.150TheyCallMeBubz2014 BMW M433.51947.332
 1937.514SPEEDYJAB092014 BMW M44  

31891.384COLEjustCOLE911 GT3 RS '1955.51907.056
 1922.728blkghost187911 GT3 RS '196  

41919.72SirKane2Audi R878.51922.607
 1925.495Midnite RiderAudi R810  

51907.457yankeesfanfp1Merc SLS AMG88.51914.596
 1921.735PoennaninovaMerc SLS AMG9  

61898.999FRB Curve911 GT3 RS '191110.51900.891
 1902.784chunkymonkey074911 GT3 RS '1912