IFCA
Welcome to the Forum IFCA - International Forza Club Association.
IFCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S II Race 3: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Go down

S II Race 3: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca Empty S II Race 3: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Welcome to the third race of the IFCA Touring Car Series II at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Here is some updated information for this race!

Read the Full Rules here: https://ifca.forumotion.com/t5628-ifca-touring-car-championship-info

The race is 19 green-flag laps (20 total because of the rolling start).

As the popularity of the series increases, I think it is necessary to have a formal system of who races and who doesn't.
Priority:
1. Those who have earned series points and qualified.
2. New drivers who have registered to race on this website and qualified or messaged me on XBL with the intention to race.
3. Everyone else is first come, first serve if spaces are available.
--Keep in mind that this is not yet the permanent system, and I will try to get a second room if more than 20 drivers are signed up for season 3, with rooms separated by qualifying times.

You must pit twice during the race. You must announce that you are pitting. No pitting before lap 3 or after lap 19. If you pit too early, then it doesn't count, and you must pit again when the pits are "open". If you pit too late or not at all, too bad, you will be penalized or disqualified. You can re-enter the racetrack after the downhill section of the straight. You do not have to go through the turn 1 apron.

The race will start on lap 2 as a rolling start at 70 M.P.H./112 K.P.H. The person who qualifies on the pole will announce the start by saying "3...2...1...Go!" WHEN ALL THE CARS ARE ON THE STRAIGHT. There is no passing until after the start/finish line!

Rule on restarting the race: "- Restarts will only occur if there is a incident involving 2 or more cars on the first lap. There will be a maximum of 3 restarts per race. After the 3rd restart everyone will be on their own, if any additional problems happen on the pace lap they will be reviewed by IFCA Staff."

New False Start Rule: At the saying of "Go" by the pole sitter, if either the cars are not in the correct order, or the start is not at the correct pace speed, I will declare a false start and we will continue one more lap and try again. However, all 15 of you guys did well on the start last week, so I hope I don't have to call one this week.

Drivers who automatically qualify for the race:
AAR ABEnstein (series director) By points: Revok xX, xPOPEYE 91x, DMR Kryptonic, MTBVator, SPEEDYJAB09, RODMASTERR, ClamKnuckler, TX3 xRaCeR, F4H Diablo, ox FASTLANE xo, BAM Samaritain, dc67, MrGRiMP, Whiskey pie. By registration: do0o0obz. That's 16 drivers, so anyone else at this point will basically be on a waiting list

Results along with Ratings will be posted here after the post-race inspection of the replay. Thanks and good luck.

Back to top Go down

S II Race 3: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca Empty Re: S II Race 3: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:08 pm

Updated with driver priority system.

Back to top Go down

S II Race 3: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca Empty Re: S II Race 3: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:17 pm

When is this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:19 pm

dc67 wrote:When is this?
1/7/2013 - Mazda Laguna Seca - 20 total laps... https://ifca.forumotion.com/t5646-ifca-touring-car-championship-series-2-tracks-dates-times... There you go dc.lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:42 pm

Abe or DarkestDale, just wanted to let you know, I work till about 5:15, depending on traffic I usually get home around 5:45, so if you could just send me an invite the moment I get on, that'd be great, I would send you a message on XBL, but of course I dont have my 360 at the office tongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:15 pm

Ok! I may have told some people that I wouldn't be hosting tonight, but I can now, so I'll see you all tonight!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:57 pm

Thanks Abe, hopefully I'll be quicker tonight than I have been while practicing most of the week or it may be a long night for me Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:56 am

I am pulling out of this series, actually ABE you basically made the decision for me. Last ngith I had been practicing with you and a few others up till race time.... then we all went into the race lobby waiting patiently. We had almost a full room but connection issues, between myself and another caused conflicts for the other to get in. The room was remade, going by points not first come frost served but thats ok. Well then I couldn't join,then position given up for me to join, great and thanks. Well now back in the room waiting -- I see a couple go into private chat, then voila decision made to let the other racer race if he wants being points based. Then I get invited to join chat and hear the other say go ahead and race etc... then he learns I'm still here and yes planning to race,with that info he says "is FASTLANE still running?" With the answer yes he changes his mind to help his teamate in the points. OK ....then ABE you tell me I have to quit out and BECAUSE of points thats how it is. In other series first come first served in the lobbies, helps remedy the late,no shows etc. Anyway with that decision I'm basically told this series is over for me since I got ZERO points last night which puts me even further back and NO chance to race, if another certain racer wants in again that is. I think anyone can see this is total crap. Now the series over for me because of a points defecit that I'm forced to accept.....hmmm third in the lobby to practice with you and had what 8-9 in the room for that with NO problems. Funny as this isn't quite the same IFCA I joined back in FM2.

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:27 pm

Uh oh Abe, what happened? Hey Fastlane, although the series managers handle their own issues, there is a higher power if something rises to a level that would affect the reputation of the IFCA. A really bad call can do this.

Bad calls happen understand, but it's what we do about them that matters. It sounds like I might have to step in and help find a proper solution to what happened. From what you say, it sounds very unfair. But lets wait to hear from Abe before we go further. Thanks.

IFCA GTDon
IFCA LICENSE: ELITE

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: GTDon2
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3,000,000,000

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:46 pm

I cannot disagree that this is an unfortunate circumstance. My policy as a room host is that if there is a problem where two people cannot connect, the driver higher in the point standings will race.

Here is what happened last night from my view (view of the race director). I started a lobby where everyone was invited one by one by series points, then registration requests. ClamKnuckler got in, but you didn't, while in practice, you were in, and ClamKnuckler wasn't. When ClamKnuckler got word that multiple drivers could not connect, he stated that he was running on an alternate internet system, and that may be causing the issues. He volunteered to leave the lobby. I let him. I invited those who could not connect, you included. You got in. When I invited ClamKnuckler in, he couldn't connect. Therefore, I concluded the connection issue was between you and ClamKnuckler. When I told ClamKnuckler this, I also told him that if he really wanted to race, I would have to remove you from the race, because of points. He requested to race because he was part of a team, so I let him race. I then tell you what is going on, and request you to leave. You left, and ClamKnuckler got in. (Also, do0o0obz got in, but I'm not sure if that is relevant.) ClamKnuckler raced.

Classic "cannot connect" situation. Even though ClamKnucler stated that his internet wasn't up to par, I still had to follow my policy.

I believe I told you as well as the other drivers that I would try to get enough drivers to come race with us in order to have 2 good lobbies, which would reduce this kind of scenario from happening.

About the points, I'm not sure if I have any right to give you points for attempting to race. I might edit those rules for series III if I can.

And no, it's probably not the same IFCA as in FM2, but I think it is a better IFCA. I want to resolve this issue so that you'll agree with that statement.

(To everyone else, replay is still being reviewed).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:42 pm

Abe I'm sure you understand my frustration .....but this is how I see it, if you have a crappy connection and are more than likely causing problems -- you don't race for a couple of reasons......number one being the lag issues we all deal with (when others have a crappy connect) Nothing worse than doing good in a race to be taken out by lag. Has happened to me and I know others feel my pain. Also the connection issues for others, honestly it really gets old, especially when someone KNOWS they are the problem. I guess what got me was when he found out I was still in and going to race he then said he would then race to help his teammate. He said go ahead and race until I said yes I was there, listening to you both discuss what was up, and THEN he said he wanted to race, I mean really? Think about that.......

And so you know, I'm on Charter cable with a WIRED connection and open NAT settings.....like I said earlier I've been around the FM community for quite some time now.

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:58 pm

I'm inclined to go with fastlane in the sense that we should have a rule for this sort of circumstance, resting on the viable connection more than driver points. That is, i think it is naturally better to give favor to the driver that took the extra effort to be there on time. This hasn't always happened even in my rooms, so, let us make this the S.O.P for the future.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:06 pm

Ok I think my input is necessary here since I am one of the people involved. What Abe stated was correct and yes I had not been practicing in the same lobby as the rest of the people up until the race. That being said, I had been practicing / tuning for a better part of the day. Also I had been invited into the room first ( by points ) and made it in with NO issue. I made the choice to back out because I was under the impression that multiple people could not connect due to my connection. I then learned that there was only one conflict. Fastlane and I. With those facts as they are should I not be allowed to race? I did not cause any in game lag issues as the problem was not speed, it was connection. I believe I was very fair in the way I handled it as I followed the rules. These issues come up from time to time and people need to not take it so personally as there was no ill intentions, I just did not want to back out on my teammate. Sorry if you feel you were wronged fastlane, but I had the right to race so I did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:08 pm

Also I am not a late / no show, I dont like being bad-mouthed when I am more fair than I need to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:27 pm

Another thing to note is Fastlane was actually preventing two people from connecting. Clam was only preventing one (Fastlane).

As Don said, this has happened to people on multiple occasions. Its nothing to take personal.

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:25 pm

Well, with that said, we need a standard to go by to address this issue so it doesn't appear to play favorites. The standard is, "first come first serve." It will be this way because ultimately our connection issues are our own, and if you can't get into a room, that's really on you and your connection. This is in line with previous rulings when it comes to connection issues.

This isn't to say that room hosts can't try to arrange the room so that everyone can get in. They just need to remember who was there first.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:28 pm

SO SAYETH THE SHEPHERD!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:38 am

First just to say I wasn't trying to bad mouth anyone as far as being late no-shows etc. That was put in as an example of why things are done elsewhere. Honestly the only reason I spoke up was well two reasons. #1 Clam, you said and I quote " go ahead and race guys, I have a questionable connect " and you were resetting then, in dashboard whatever. When you then learned I would race, or really that I was in the party hearing all this, you then decided you wanted to run to help your teamate etc. #2 With ABE making the decision to effectively ending my series, being in by points alone means now it is basically if there is another issue ever that I cant run because of points.

Also this isn't accurate : Quote :Also I had been invited into the room first ( by points ) and made it in with NO issue.
We had an almost full lobby and backed out to get you in.He then invited by points etc.

Now Popeye I expect you to say something since he's your team mate, no big deal just funny as you and I never have an issue.
Anyway no sense in my running further for the above reasons, points gone and things as they are.

I hope you all have a good remainder of the season and the IFCA is still a great place to race !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:32 pm

Well I guess since I am not telling things accurately and we are going by who has been here longest, I will back out of future IFCA events so you can have things your way.

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:49 pm

ClamKnuckler wrote:Well I guess since I am not telling things accurately and we are going by who has been here longest, I will back out of future IFCA events so you can have things your way.

Yeah, I don't think that is the case here. My ruling has everything to do with preventing a confused response by series organizers and lobby hosts, and nothing to do with length of service here. As far as I'm concerned the matter is settled, the S.O.P. is in place, and this sort of problem should be a thing of the past. Case closed.

On a related note, it takes everyone to correct a problem here at the IFCA. Doesn't have to be personal to do this. The focus should be on the solution, not the personalities, otherwise people will be offended creating yet another problem that may not be able to be corrected. So please, let us all be a part of the solution. Thanks for your cooperation.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:06 pm

Meanwhile, here are the results! There was some very close racing between the front 4.

Results:
Position, Driver, Manufacturer, Total Time, Difference
1. TX3 xRaCeR SEAT 33:14.933
2. RevoK xX SEAT 33:15.165 +0.232
3. BAM Samaritain SEAT 33:16.125 +1.192
4. BAM Cosworth SEAT 33:20.091 FL: 1:34.932 +5.158
5. RODMASTERR VW 33:41.778 +26.845
6. xPOPEYE 91x VW 33:42.441 +28.508
7. MTBVator Hyundai 33:44.591 +29.658
8. ClamKnuckler VW 33:56.357 +41.424
9. AAR ABEnstein Suzuki 34:01.641 +46.708
10. SPEEDYJAB09 Hyundai 34:09.588 +54.655
11. do0o0obz Peugeot 34:49.968 +1:35.035
12. dc67 Ford 34:53. 039 +1:38.106

No penalties to announce.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:56 pm

I heard talk of adjusting the Seat, I believe those drivers are the difference, but may go another round of personal tests as my fwd skills(?) Have grown over these series.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:05 pm

I'd love to have some sort of all-car test session in the weeks before season 3. I'm going to do some personal testing of my own, first.

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:47 pm

Laguna Seca Ratings Results

Race Results
PreraceExpectedActualPerformedPostraceGained/
PlcRacerRatingFinishFinishLikeRatingLost
1TX3 xRaCeR 21089123682251143
2RevoK xX2275322328230429
3BAM Samaritain22932322842288-5
4BAM Cosworth219144219121910
5RODMASTERR215355215321530
6xPOPEYE 91x23621621492245-117
7MTBVator21031172140212320
8ClamKnuckler211288211221120
9AAR ABEnstein21456921102126-19
10SPEEDYJABO9213471021072119-15
11do0o0obz2105101121042104-1
12dc6719551212195519550

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down