IFCA
Welcome to the Forum IFCA - International Forza Club Association.
IFCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IFCA Team Meeting Notes and News

+3
Staffy
IFCA Eries
IFCA GTDon
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

IFCA Team Meeting Notes and News - Page 3 Empty Re: IFCA Team Meeting Notes and News

Post by IFCA GTDon Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:24 pm

Anthony wrote:As of now apart from you Don you only have myself, Eries and Chevypower who have contributed to this discussion.
The three of us have made it clear we want to be here in this league to race not hotlap.
It's only three of us but seeing as no one else right now has anything to add this is all you got.

Try Spec racing, everyone in the same spec car ,no tuning, nothing it can't be any easier than that.
If that dosen't work then I don't know what will.

Now balance this against the 71 rated drivers we have.  What does this tell you? Only 3 respondents out of 71?  You see, this further demonstrates my point on all this.  

There was a time when had I made a post like this there would have been a dozen responses within 15min.  People have changed.  And it probably has a lot to do with social media burnout.  

People are more introverted in general and prefer to lurk in the shadows of cyberspace where no harm can come to them.  It's an anti-social behavior pattern born out of the aversion to being judged, maligned, attacked, cancelled, or bullied.  People have grown wary and conflict avoidance has become the cure all.

Our media devices like the cell phone have reinforced this sentiment to the point where many people have started to lose what little social skills they had.  "Ghosting" has become a popular way of saying no, without having to actually say no.

This avalanche or tsunami of anti-social behavior can not be defeated in my opinion because it took a long time to establish.  It will take an equally long time to reverse it.  In the meantime, it's best to roll with the punches, cater to the masses, and hope a new generation will come along to reject the social creepers and thin skinned lurkers.

IFCA GTDon
IFCA LICENSE: ADVANCED

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: GTDon2
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3,000,000,000

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Anthony likes this post

Back to top Go down

IFCA Team Meeting Notes and News - Page 3 Empty Re: IFCA Team Meeting Notes and News

Post by IFCA GTDon Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:34 pm

GTDon2 wrote:We will conduct a preliminary IFCA team leader meeting Saturday Nov 4th 4pm CST. 

We will discus new rules, new formatting, and new teams.  This will be an open dialogue in order to bounce some new ideas off of each other with the release of the new game. Nothing written in stone, just a guide to give us some direction.

By this time we will have some experience with "FM8" to justify getting the team leaders together and addressing all the issues with the new game.

It would not be improbable that in the future we might well have to open up a 2nd lobby for example. Everyone is going to make new friends and your friends list is going to expand is why.  So, we have to consider how the IFCA is going to evolve or adapt to such changes.  It would be cool to go from 6 teams to 12.

So if you are a IFCA Team Leader or plan on becoming one, mark this date on your calendar, we'd love to hear your input.

Pure Spec racing has its flaws too depending on how you cut your teeth on the game.  Eries can explain.  But, we are headed in that direction as there really isn't much choice.  No one can spend the time leveling up more than just the bare minimum number of cars is partly why.  T10's epic fail trying to emulate RPG style progression has become a big headache for everyone except Spec racers and hot lappers.  It really cuts against the grain of T10 who has always preached that they want inclusion and not exclusion.  Someone didn't see that their leveling up system benefits less people and not more.  Not real smart.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:48 pm

I know I mentioned conducting a poll on this subject, but considering how few people are posting on this site that may not work.
I have only been registered on this site for around 50 days and in that time the number of people who have posted not only on this subject but overall I can count on one hand.

Unless Turn 10 change their car leveling system and fix many of the broken aspects of the game, then folks are going to be leaving this game on mass.
One only has to look at the reviews on Xbox, that's if you can call them reviews, most are a joke, the game is sitting at a low of 2.5 score which for a first party title and one of Xbox flagship games is pathetic.
Anthony
Anthony

Male

Local : Dallas

Registration date : 2023-10-30

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: Bizmark27
IFCA Car #: ? ? ?
Infractions:

IFCA GTDon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA Eries Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:43 am

There is a reason why Spec racing is popular with leagues, cause it is litterally the easiest to administrate, least effort for organisers.

We however are willing to do more, and make it more fair as not everyone can race spec well, due to no clutches etc etc. Beginner racers always gets smashed in spec racing.

So we tend to lean to do upgrades, this in turn also assists the top racers even more, cause they tend to have a team of builders and tuners in the wings.

I made a suggestion to Don which would be the best of both these worlds.

Super easy for any racer, skilled or none. Super easy to administrate, a tad more than true spec.

But I agree that we need to make it more accessible for any racer.

Season 7 IFCA FWC Champion
Season 1 IFCA TERM Champion
Season 2 IFCA TERM Champion
Season 2 Pacific Series Podium
Season 3 Pacific Series Podium
Forza Masters Season 14 group 6 Winner
Forza Masters Season 16 Champion
IFCA Eries
IFCA Eries
IFCA LICENSE: ELITE

Male

Local : South Africa

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: ZAR Eries
IFCA Car #: 5
Infractions: 0 out of 3

http://www.ifcaracing.com

Anthony likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:11 am

So far I have spent around 8hrs on both the Chevy and Mustang just to get the build requirements for the up coming races. So both cars are currently level 40.
This is without trying to tune the said cars, which is especially difficult for someone like myself who is not a tuner. My guess will be another 3 or 4 hours tuning/practicing.
My guess this is a prime example of why people are not taking part, they can't be bothered.

When you consider the actual race is 1 hour long and you have to spend maybe 6 hours or more just to get the car your running in race trim then there is your major stumbling block.
People in todays society feel they don't have time for this ,if your a family man and work full time the last thing you probably want to do when you get home is spend hours building up your car.

I look forward to your idea's Eries.

Anthony
Anthony

Male

Local : Dallas

Registration date : 2023-10-30

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: Bizmark27
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA Eries Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:41 am

This is the Forza flaw.

Example, you really want to also untilize the "what is new in the game", example Racing tyres, for this you have to upgrade.

We will look at various options here, on how to minimize this as much as possible.

Season 7 IFCA FWC Champion
Season 1 IFCA TERM Champion
Season 2 IFCA TERM Champion
Season 2 Pacific Series Podium
Season 3 Pacific Series Podium
Forza Masters Season 14 group 6 Winner
Forza Masters Season 16 Champion
IFCA Eries
IFCA Eries

Male

Local : South Africa

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: ZAR Eries
IFCA Car #: 5
Infractions: 0 out of 3

http://www.ifcaracing.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WritesCode4Food Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:37 am

Hey Don

If IFCA had a mobile app there would be more chatter. I'm always on my phone and rarely have a browser open. I get notifications for mobile apps right on the device. This site is WAY to hard to read on a mobile device. Notifications via email isn't effective for most these days
WritesCode4Food
WritesCode4Food

Male

Registration date : 2022-01-26

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: WritesCode4Food
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:02 am

WritesCode4Food wrote:Hey Don

If IFCA had a mobile app there would be more chatter. I'm always on my phone and rarely have a browser open. I get notifications for mobile apps right on the device. This site is WAY to hard to read on a mobile device. Notifications via email isn't effective for most these days

I actually use my phone most of the time for the IFCA just as I am right now. Forumotion doesn't offer a mobile app that I know of. Happy new year!

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Team Meeting Notes and News - Page 3 Empty Next Team Leader Meeting

Post by IFCA GTDon Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:56 pm

We've moved up the next Team Leader meeting to Sunday, February 4th, 12:00 CST.  We will be finalizing the format for Season 2 with a final vote and applying any proposed changes at that time.  Only designated team leaders need to attend.  A designated team leader is someone who has been elected to attend the Team Leader meeting by the members of their team.

IFCA Team Meeting Notes and News - Page 3 162-63BE-28

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Team Meeting Notes and News - Page 3 Empty Team Meeting agenda

Post by IFCA GTDon Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:50 pm

GTDon2 wrote:We've moved up the next Team Leader meeting to Sunday, February 4th, 12:00 CST.  We will be finalizing the format for Season 2 with a final vote and applying any proposed changes at that time.  Only designated team leaders need to attend.  A designated team leader is someone who has been elected to attend the Team Leader meeting by the members of their team.

The upcoming meeting (Sunday, February 4th, 12:00 CST) will not be long.  We will try to keep it under 30min.  Things to think about...

On the agenda:

1.Final vote for Season 2 format
2.Adjustments to the approved format
3.Review of the IFCA ratings system on whether to keep it as is, not use it at all, modify it, or only apply it to the drivers, without attaching it to the cars, thereby doing away with the car handicaps entirely. OR, doing the driver ratings one time and one time only, prior to the start of any season.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:00 pm

GTDon2 wrote:
GTDon2 wrote:We've moved up the next Team Leader meeting to Sunday, February 4th, 12:00 CST.  We will be finalizing the format for Season 2 with a final vote and applying any proposed changes at that time.  Only designated team leaders need to attend.  A designated team leader is someone who has been elected to attend the Team Leader meeting by the members of their team.

The upcoming meeting (Sunday, February 4th, 12:00 CST) will not be long.  We will try to keep it under 30min.  Things to think about...

On the agenda:

1.Final vote for Season 2 format
2.Adjustments to the approved format
3.Review of the IFCA ratings system on whether to keep it as is, not use it at all, modify it, or only apply it to the drivers, without attaching it to the cars, thereby doing away with the car handicaps entirely. OR, doing the driver ratings one time and one time only, prior to the start of any season.

Thank you to all the Team Leader representatives who made it to the meeting. We had I think a very productive discussion addressing issues and finalizing the format. SRC (Spec Racing Combine) is the format of choice for Season 2.  

For Season 2:
1.)We will use a 4lap qualy before the race.
2.)No delay starts, possible rolling starts at some tracks, and variable weather. 
3.)All bonuses will be cut in 1/2.  
4.)Teams will not be mandatory this time but will retain their own championship.  
5.)We are going to modify/convert the numeric IFCA ratings to an analogue version based on the driver finishing positions each race.

Please begin to familiarize yourselves with  next seasons format here:
https://ifca.forumotion.com/t6893-season-2-format-introductions#141440

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:11 pm

updated

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Team Meeting Notes and News - Page 3 Empty Team Meeting 4/7/24

Post by IFCA GTDon Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:27 pm

We will have our next team meeting Sunday April 7th, 12:00 noon CST.

We want to go over changes to the proposed format, start time, and handicap system for Season 3. We need to talk about recruiting incentives, and possibly opening up a social media manager position for facebook, X, and discord.

Nothing is written in stone yet please understand.  I have heard some good ideas and concerns for Season 3, so be prepared to put forth any ideas you have.  

Only the designated team leaders need to attend from:

Team Penske
CR1 Racing
Titans of Tougé
Edelbrock Racing
Tailwind Racing
Team Bilstein

Last edited by GTDon2 on Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:46 pm

GTDon2 wrote:We will have our next team meeting Sunday April 7th, 12:00 noon CST.

We want to go over changes to the proposed format, start time, and handicap system for Season 3. We need to talk about recruiting incentives, and possibly opening up a social media manager position for facebook, X, and discord.

Nothing is written in stone yet please understand.  I have heard some good ideas and concerns for Season 3, so be prepared to put forth any ideas you have.  

Team Penske
CR1 Racing
Titans of Tougé
Edelbrock Racing
Tailwind Racing
Team Bilstein

Another item on our docket to discuss during the meeting will be our new race licensing program.  For awhile now we have wanted to implement some sort of tiered licence ladder as a means to add value to your participation here at the IFCA.  We wanted something that was structured, easy to manage, motivational, offers benefits, and is fun.  We think we are close to reaching these goals, but want to run it by all the team leaders first to get your feedback.

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:50 pm

IFCA GTDon wrote:
GTDon2 wrote:We will have our next team meeting Sunday April 7th, 12:00 noon CST.

Team Penske
CR1 Racing
Titans of Tougé
Edelbrock Racing
Tailwind Racing
Team Bilstein

Another item on our docket to discuss during the meeting will be our new race licensing program.  For awhile now we have wanted to implement some sort of tiered licence ladder as a means to add value to your participation here at the IFCA.  We wanted something that was structured, easy to manage, motivational, offers benefits, and is fun.  We think we are close to reaching these goals, but want to run it by all the team leaders first to get your feedback.

Okay, thanks to Phoenix, and GoSox for showing up.  It wasn't a big meeting, but we did hash out and clarify a few things on the new IFCA licensing program, and the relay format.

1.) We are seeking a guy who wants to manage a Discord channel for the IFCA and possibly a FaceBook as well.

2.)  It was discussed that the IFCA graduated license program is designed to incentivize and even protect our devoted drivers while at the same time enforcing a slightly more serious tone with the new drivers. Information on the graduated licenses can be found here:
https://ifca.forumotion.com/t6910-ifca-licenses

3.) We talked about how the new relay system will work and that every 2-man team needs to read how it all works here:
https://ifca.forumotion.com/t6912-season-3-format-cars-tracks

4.) We are going to adjust the skill level designations so that the top 3 drivers per race turn Pro.  For the relay format this will be based on individual lap times per race.  When we go back to a single driver format it will then be based on finishing order. The new scale looks like this:

Single Driver series
1,2,3, Podium = Pro
4-7 = Platinum
8-11 = Gold
12-15 = Silver
16-19 = Bronze
20-24 = Copper

Relay 2-man Team series
1-2 = Pro
3-4 = Platinum
5-6 = Gold
7-8 = Silver
9-12 = Bronze

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IFCA GTDon Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:09 pm

updated

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

IFCA Team Meeting Notes and News - Page 3 Empty IFCA Discord!

Post by IFCA GTDon Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:37 pm

You asked for it, you get it! The IFCA Discord is now active! All you need to do is go sign-in.

https://discord.gg/ZsFA6Ns6

IFCA GTDon

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3